Author Topic: Vikings Collector coming from Pennsylvania, USA  (Read 3788 times)

Offline Warhorse

• PCC Member
  • Playmo Enthusiast
  • The Faithful Norman
    • Warhorse Miniatures
Vikings Collector coming from Pennsylvania, USA
« on: February 15, 2015, 02:52:10 »
 :wave: Hello everybody, some of you know me already and some of you don't. I'm a long time collector who used to collect, but the past two years I have been doing a lot of custom work. My favorite themes to collect are Vikings, Knights, Merry Men, Crusader Knights,Western, Trains, Pirates and Romans. I also have a bunch of Barbarians and I am working on a custom theme of Anglo-Saxons. Right now I have done most of my customs with the Vikings and now on the Anglo-Saxons. Later this year I am going to try to create Normans and eventually move to the other themes & other custom themes. In the beginning I started just breaking up figures and changing parts. The past year I have started sculpting epoxy and using molds to clone patterns to make new items. You can check my profile to see the link to my blog page. Glad to be here, Thanks Mike  ;D
Vincit Veritas

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
Re: Vikings Collector coming from Pennsylvania, USA
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 02:58:49 »
Welcome Mike!

I'm from Tennessee (formerly from Maryland) 
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Warhorse

• PCC Member
  • Playmo Enthusiast
  • The Faithful Norman
    • Warhorse Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 03:15:43 »
Thanks leefert, one day I will be in Tennessee too. I most likely will have a place in PA and TN, if everything goes to plan. Somewhere near the Smoky Mountains. Have about another 11 years until I retire.
Vincit Veritas

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 04:13:40 »
Thanks leefert, one day I will be in Tennessee too. I most likely will have a place in PA and TN, if everything goes to plan. Somewhere near the Smoky Mountains. Have about another 11 years until I retire.

I live in the valley below the Smokies... Wonderful area!
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 09:20:08 »
Hi Warhorse, welcome to the forum  :)

I live in Belgium. Your interest in historical themes and your custom work sound fascinating! I hope to see lots of your creations.

What's your method for pulling the clickies apart?

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 09:57:32 »
Welcome from the Netherlands, now I'm curious to see your collection though.  :)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 12:44:03 »
Welcome! Your interests sound very cool. I look forward to seeing some of your customs! :)
~Pynedor~

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2015, 13:27:23 »
Warm welcome from the UK  :wave: :welcome: sounds like you've got an interesting mix of themes going on there and your custom work does sound very interesting will look forward to seeing some of your collection and customs  :)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2015, 14:39:51 »
Welcome!

Looking forward to pics - can you show the back of that hair? It is gorgeous! :love:

Offline Warhorse

• PCC Member
  • Playmo Enthusiast
  • The Faithful Norman
    • Warhorse Miniatures
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2015, 18:18:06 »
Hi everybody, thanks for you kind words. Here is a little history about myself, I was born in America and am also a dual citizen from Ireland. Also I am part German too, what a mix  8} Anyway, I love history and trace my family to the Normans. So sometime Vikings came to France, became the Normans. Then one of my ancestors came with William the Conquer to invade England and about a 100 years later another ancestor came with Strongbow to invade Ireland. The Faithful Norman was Maurice Prendergast, known for staying true to his word and willing to die for it. I will post more pictures later with some of more of my work.
Vincit Veritas