Author Topic: 4800 Ghost Pirates UPDATE !!!!  (Read 9703 times)

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
Re: 4800 Ghost Pirates UPDATE !!!!
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2008, 12:56:31 »
Thanks for the pictures,
There are sure some interesting critters in that batch! 8}

Happy New Year, Y'all
Jimbo

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2008, 12:37:48 »

Hmmm ...

Has anyone else thought about the possibility that Playmobil may have cleverly slipped past having to pay Disney a licensing fee for their Pirates of the Caribbean? ...  :klickywink:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2008, 15:18:39 »
Actually Richard I think it is those clever Disney folks who have made so many people think they invented ghost pirates and it is some kind of original idea . Just one example is "The Ghost Pirates" novel by William Hope Hodgson, first published in 1909.

Not that Walt was some kind of saint but Disney sure took a strange turn in content when he died & the company grew up out of its adolescent childhood ( similar to when Jim died and the Muppets grew up )
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2008, 15:42:31 »

Not that Walt was some kind of saint but Disney sure took a strange turn in content when he died & the company grew up out of its adolescent childhood ( similar to when Jim died and the Muppets grew up )

Quite true, Rasputin ...

Henson and Disney ... Now that's quite a pair!

Just as Hans Beck (with Horst Brandstätter as his benefactor) created Playmobil, Jim Henson created the Muppets. Two NEW ideas. Walt Disney, on the other hand, took "old" ideas and made them "new" with his fantastic presentations.

Three great and wonderful creative geniuses. Now that's quite a trio!

However, their "beginnings" are now intrusted with new people with new ideas. All that any of us can hope for is that the new people will never lose sight of the intent of the original creations. A lot to hope for ... But, without hope, where is our future? ...

All the best and a Happy New Year,
Richard

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2008, 20:00:38 »
Actually Richard I think it is those clever Disney folks who have made so many people think they invented ghost pirates and it is some kind of original idea . 

You're too right, Rasputin.  Some time ago I came across an entry on Wikpedia crediting Walt Disney with the creation of the story of the kraken!   8}
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2008, 08:15:13 »
You're too right, Rasputin.  Some time ago I came across an entry on Wikpedia crediting Walt Disney with the creation of the story of the kraken!   8}

OMG  :o You're kiddin', Playmofire ... please ??
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2008, 16:09:24 »
Well here is a little info from their ego team

"made its first appearance" ???
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline macgayver

• MrPainterElf
  • Playmo Addict
  • www.macgayverplaymobil.be
    • Macgayverplaymobil
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2008, 16:41:33 »
LOL

This is the dutch version of Wikipedia when you search for kraken  ???

One picture say's more then a thousand words ;)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2008, 17:37:17 »
Oh sorry the Kraken does have it own definition . The other link is just the 2nd spot on a google search for Kraken  as "Kraken (Pirates of the Caribbean)"

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2008, 17:44:06 »

Hmmm ...  :hmm:

And, we're bashing Disney Studios because? ...  :eh?:

Before everyone gets their knickers in a knot, perhaps we should take a look at Wikipedia's specific Kraken sites, rather than jumping to what could be erroneous conclusions by only looking at Wikipedia's Pirates of The Caribbean Kraken site (as Rasputin has suggested).

To make it easy for everyone ...
Click HERE for the English site!
And, HERE popular culture site!

All the best my Playmofriends!
Healthy, Prosperous and Happy New Year  to you all,
Richard