Author Topic: 3283 Space theme classic  (Read 10549 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
3283 Space theme classic
« on: January 01, 2010, 02:45:40 »
Hello  :wave:

Well I won an old set that I have been wanting some certain Klickies from ( my list of sought after sets in now down to 998  ;)) This set was part of the not very popular Space theme. I figured it might be interesting to some as to what this set looks like new. There is not a lot of info in DB so I will try to get the plans scanned soon. I have no scanner  :( sorry it is all there  :-[ Heather has been busy  :wow:

Box Front

Box Back

Box Side

« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 03:02:36 by Rasputin »
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: 3283 Space theme classic
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 02:46:02 »

The 2 bags and one plant base make this set seem simple and small

Once opened there are quite a few small parts and some rather unique color. The mini-catalog that comes in it was nice to look at and was full of other great classic sets

Building the set was quick and easy and took less than 5 minutes
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 02:51:45 by Rasputin »
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 02:46:23 »

Now the Klickies I was after. The little black Martians are why I bought this set. I have never had any and I really am glad I got them. They have the great cloak and hood that could be used in so many different themes. I do not know why Playmobil does not use it more often. The simple yellow eyes really stand out against his blackness.

This is now one of my favorite fantasy Klickies, or until I get another classic set at least  ;D You get two of them in this set
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 03:04:35 by Rasputin »

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 02:49:31 »

The Adult Klicky is a yellow alien that the kids like to call the Boss. It has unusual green gray eyes and has a definite spacey appearance

Over all it is really a silly set with the Plant prison and all, but the fact you get the two little black Klickies makes it worth it. I do not think they come in any other sets and they rarely show up separately on auction sites. 

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

Edit: those are not green eyes they are gray  8} I must have had a booger in my own eye  :lol:
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 18:35:33 by Rasputin »

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 02:54:13 »
Well done Rasputin !! :clap: :clap: Congratulations on your latest acquisition and being able to whittle your wanted list down.  :lol:  :)9

Gepetto

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 06:15:40 »
Very nice!  I like the little black hooded guys, too.
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline Coyote

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 11:06:15 »
I really like that set- for the little black space-gnomes, of course.  Though now that I look at it in its entirety again, what a strange set. What exactly is going on there, anyway?
  Peoples Republic of Maine  :D

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 11:15:45 »
I really like that set- for the little black space-gnomes, of course.  Though now that I look at it in its entirety again, what a strange set. What exactly is going on there, anyway?

That seems quite clear to me ...
a yellow native lifeform made a false move and was snapped up by a Venus-mantrap. These two black gnomes are muttering to each other something like
"serves him right for perstering us ... he knows we were only figurants in 'the empire strikes back' and that we didn't meet Duck Dodgers" ...

But that's my own interpretation   :lol:

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 12:00:33 »
Thanks for the review, Ras, and congratulations on your latest buy.  This was a very short lived theme, popular with the retailers apparently when it was announced, but not with the customers.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 16:22:01 »
Great review. I have the whole Aliens series and they are great sets. 3280 - Alien Control Center is a great set too, with some nice interesting parts. The headsets in that one are something that haven't been used all that often. They just made a reappearance in the Sea Exploration larger sub set, but that's the first time in more than 5 years.