Author Topic: 5134 Adventure Island or Pirate Island  (Read 12033 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
5134 Adventure Island or Pirate Island
« on: February 15, 2012, 08:51:18 »
Hi all!!! I must say, I am very impressed with this latest set!!! Apart from a lot of quality play time, it offers a game within the game, the keep the interest going... but first things first...

The box is the same dimentions of a 5300 box, or a 3019 fairytale palace, but not nearly as heavy as any of them... surely because the pieces are fewer, but its also my bservation due to the new plastic composition that makes the parts lighter...

The pirate theme poster is not missing from the contents!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: 5134 Adventure Island or Pirate Island
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 09:01:29 »
Moving on to a first view inside the box...  ;D

Oh my!!! Lots of goodies!!!!  :D

Biggest parts are on the table...

...smaller parts, klickies and accessories in the carton tub...

...there are more pieces of flaura but did not take a pic of it ... What I did take a pic of specifically...some people will love this  ;D ... are the following treasure pieces....

Yes ladies and gents! we have a new shade of gold  :lol: :lol: :lol: the all new very shiny shiny shiny sort of gold shade  :lol: :lol: ... some coins in some sets already have that shade, but we never had this colour on bigger items before...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 09:03:54 »
So, lets start putting the island together....

...and I must do it quickly because my supervisor is getting anxious to overlook the procedure...

...and investigate structural integrity  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 09:11:30 »
First there is a place that contains the mechanism with which the treasure game is played...

...you need four AA batteries for it, not included in the set, and start building on the rock formation...

As you can see, some parts are slidding into place... sliding is the new trend is playmobil construction principle...

But, clip on also is used in the set, it could not be otherwise... the module is clipped beneath a larger rock plate...

...and then, the rock formation that needs to be placed on that plate must be put together...

...it consists of two parts, a cave-like rock formation part and a flame pattern module...

...which is connected to the first module via a cable...

...and the cave-like formation is placed on the rock plate...

What you finally have, is this small mountain-like sight...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 09:23:44 »
There are three more big pieces that need to be set on place for the island to be complete:

a small, green part with a pit

another clip on rock, leading to the symbol cave, having a stair mechanism...

and finally the big sand-plate... notice the teeth and point of insertion on the plate...

The design is made thus to allow dismantling quicker and easier! But I'd not pick up all the island up at once... since structural integrity is maintained by those teeth and insertion points, the strain applied to each point for keeping it all in place must be quite big, especially since the island looks like it's gonna cave in from the strain...

You finally have your island!!!

But wait! there is more  ;D

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 09:42:33 »
The klickies of this set are very awesome!! Very nice colours and a very sexy female pirate  :inlove:

lots of accessories...

and here are the treasure coins...we'll get to them later...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 09:45:40 »
''What will I find on this island?'' our pirate friend seems to be wondering...

There are a few interesting features on the island that an result to a very good quality time:

A small green hill with a secret cavern where you can place a coin for the treasure hunt, or any other item. This also serves as a defensive position with the mounted canon!

The pit part of the baseplate serves as a quicksand pool... there is plank over it to reach a tree where another treasure coin is set... I have not opened the ''quick sand'' bag because of my supervisor...  :lol: imagine all that scattered around the table and floor...

I really like the design of the three... the red flower ends must be a new part...

And here is tha back of the island...another interesting design of a cavern...

While wondering how to reach the top of the treasure hill our peg-leg friend has found a mechanism on the stone structure...

By placing his legs on the footprints, and by making a swirl motion, three secret stairs make their appearance...

...what will happen next?!?!?...

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 09:59:53 »
Looking great so far, all peg legged clickies must be cheering with joy when they see the treasure can't be reached without them.  ;)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 10:02:10 »
Our peg-leg friend is now on top of the hill...

He is looking at some symbols on the stone, beneath them somethings that looks like crystals...

He is not sure what to make of it... nor am I... but with a quick look on http://pirates.playmobil.com I figured it out....

In front of the huge stone door, you'll find a switch... you need to turn this on...

..and the stone wall opens...

..you'll find a difficulty level switch behind the door... set it to difficulty three...

..close the door and press the gold button on the symbol cavern above the door...

...a combination pattern will light up, depending on the difficulty level, since I placed the switch to three, three symbols will light up...

..Then you have to find the coins with the three symbols...

...and place them on the missing symbol insertion point in front of the door, in the sequence of the light up crystals...

Each time you place the correct coin on the insertion point a mystical light lights up behind the door, and a jungle noise is heard...

..Until all the coins are in place and the door opens with a loud sound and a mystical noise...

...for our pirates to get hold of the treasure!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 10:06:13 »
All and all, a most excellent set produced by playmobil!!! Real quality time playing!!! Not only setting you own story on the island with the pirate klickies, ships, soldiers etc, but also playing a game to get to the treasure!!! This is awesome!!!

You can also use the coins form the pirate ship and the soldier fortress in the game.

these coins can be used for two symbols each thus making it more fun with the combinations... it seems that each coin has a chip inside it, and there is a sensor in the insertion point that allows for the signal to be processed!!

Top marks for this set Playmobil!!!! Very well done!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: