Author Topic: klickyklack's small & evolving collection  (Read 10525 times)

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
Re: klickyklack's small & evolving collection
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2020, 21:55:18 »
Another little sub-collection.  This is my spooky crew. 

The spooky crew have been growing recently, but the original members (4603 Halloween costume skeleton pirate & 4572 Patch Eye Pirate) are some of my oldest klickys, so they have a special place in my heart. 

The first Playmobil figure I remember desperately wanting to buy is the Halloween skeleton pirate (from 3025?), which I think I saw in a Japanese toy magazine (in the late 90's?).  I think I contacted Playmobil directly to try to find out where I could buy one, & I think they told me that (at that time) it wasn't available.  If I remember correctly they sent me a keyring (1997 Victorian Flower Seller, I have no idea what became of her  :'( ).  Years later I found 4603 in my local Toys R Us, freaked out & bought it instantly.

I'm pretty picky about the horror/Halloween related figures..  I'm a big fan of horror films, mostly older classic B&W, 60's/70's European horror (Bava, Argento, Fulci, etc) & 60's/70's/80's US stuff (Carpenter/Romero) but not all the horror/Halloween klickys look right/good to me.

More recently I've added 4506 Dracula, 4650 Scary Ghost (skeleton), K6840 Tall Ghost + some extras to use for customs.  I forgot to add my 4650s into the photo line up (one was used to make a custom Bonnie "Prince" Billy klicky) so at some point I'll have to take an updated photo with them included.

I guess my Bonnie "Prince" Billy will be being added to the spooky crew along with his scary ghost brother, & my Aldous Harding custom klicky has been welcomed (I think she's like the Marilyn Munster of the family).

« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 22:56:15 by klickyklack »

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2020, 22:09:23 »
A bit of an introduction to the individuals..

I thought when I first got the extra 4603 skeleton pirate that I'd be making a girlfriend for the guy, but she turned out to be his sister, & I thought my custom vampire lady was going to be a partner for Dracula, but Dracula & the skeleton pirate lady ended up falling in love.  The potential bride of Dracula found an older vampire to call her own (they're Dracula's parents), & Patch Eye Pirate became the skeleton pirates father, who seems to have a bit of a thing for the ladies, including the vampire lady (see the post above).   

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2020, 22:13:44 »
Last picture of the tall ghost & my Aldous Harding custom..

I definitely need to add a witch (or 3) to add to my collection & maybe some others that I would have to custom make or hope they bring out eventually.. I used to have 4561 Halloween Devil boy years & years ago but I didn't like his face & gave him to a friend (I wish I hadn't now so will probably get another at some point but this was before I knew you could customise klickys & now I'd probably just give them a different head), but for now I'm happy with my little spooky crew.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2020, 23:13:37 »
Very nice, I love that whole theme and you have some great ones there.

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2020, 15:22:34 »
They need new clothing (& their own antennae), right now they look like time travelling alien invasive species grasshoppers, rather than just exotic grasshoppers from lands afar..

You're astonishingly well-versed in grasshoppers! Never would I have expected to see species with such vibrant colours.

As for the spooky crew – the background about how you came into possession of the klickies and the backstories of the characters add so much to the presentation! Incidentally, I have to agree with what Tiermann wrote on your other thread: the black necklace looks good, it complements the black cape alright.

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2020, 17:20:34 »
Thanks Tim! :heart:

You're astonishingly well-versed in grasshoppers! Never would I have expected to see species with such vibrant colours.

As for the spooky crew – the background about how you came into possession of the klickies and the backstories of the characters add so much to the presentation! Incidentally, I have to agree with what Tiermann wrote on your other thread: the black necklace looks good, it complements the black cape alright.

I really love (some) insects & wish I knew more! This has just been a little Playmobil led learning curve about grasshoppers, & wow! there's some beautiful ones!  I just got another Grasshopper musician today, who will eventually become another custom.

As well as forgetting about the other 2 4650 skeleton guys, I totally forgot about my ghlow in the dark ghosts (I have 3).  They all came without their sheets, so I need to accessorise them a bit more to make them fit in with the pirates &/or vampires (probably the pirates - I figure if I get them some hats & weapons they will fit right in).

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2020, 18:55:49 »
Awesome pics, as always, and I love the background story too :)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2020, 09:21:33 »
I thought when I first got the extra 4603 skeleton pirate that I'd be making a girlfriend for the guy, but she turned out to be his sister, & I thought my custom vampire lady was going to be a partner for Dracula, but Dracula & the skeleton pirate lady ended up falling in love.  The potential bride of Dracula found an older vampire to call her own (they're Dracula's parents), & Patch Eye Pirate became the skeleton pirates father, who seems to have a bit of a thing for the ladies, including the vampire lady (see the post above).

You don't write scripts for East Enders [BBC soap-opera] do you?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2020, 10:03:17 »
Thanks tahra!

You don't write scripts for East Enders [BBC soap-opera] do you?

:hmm: like I have any control of what these klickys get up to!?! (& UGH Eastenders! Really? like a filthy batch of secondhand klickys from eBay I'm very much soap free)

Eastenders..  *offended*   :loco:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2020, 19:19:23 »
I am not a fan of Eastenders either, but your klickies' social lives seem so complex and colourful, I thought perhaps there must be some soap-opera influence and Eastenders seemed like a possibility. Listen to their dialogue and if anyone says "Wassgoinon?" you can be certain someone has been watching EE.
Is your washtub soap free? Or do only Fresh and Clean klickies get into your household?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)