Author Topic: Rather pleased with myself  (Read 2013 times)

Offline Alison01326

• formerly known as "Bad Mum!"
  • Playmo Lover
Rather pleased with myself
« on: June 13, 2011, 18:17:16 »
No, I haven't bought any new Playmobil (haven't bought any for weeks now ) but I've had a final hunt for our missing Klickies (couldn't really believe they had been pinched by Isaac's friend "Damian" (not his real name, to protect the innocent)).

I have now found the Deep Sea Diver, the windscreen for the VW Golf, an IV thing for the ambulance, a couple of cuffs, a swag bag (never sure what it was for but it's yellow).  I also found a cannon ball thingy for something which is not Playmobil (nor is it Lego I might add) and a model Triumph Spitfire.

Isaac found the tiny puppy that goes with the circus dog act (which was actually where it should have been but I couldn't see for looking).  All that remains to be found is the little alligator from 4465 and a couple of orange search & rescue pilots (I still think they may have gone walkabout), so all in all I'm really rather chuffed.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: Rather pleased with myself
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 19:58:53 »
Congrats. Wandering Playmo can be a challenge.
My problem is putting something unusual away in a place where I will be sure to remember it  ::)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 20:03:33 »
All I can think is you must be incredibly organized to actually be able to list which parts are missing like that! I would never miss some of those items, or at least it would take me a while to. With me it's sort of the opposite, just when I think I have all the playmobil put away, I find a few pieces here, a few pieces there, get them put away, then I start cleaning the floor, and inevitably come across several flowers and system x plugs.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 20:23:15 »
You must be very organized.  :hatoff: Congrats! How long do you expect to continue the Playmobil drought?
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 21:41:45 »
I agree with all the comments by Tiermann, Bonniebeth and Playmoholics.  How can people be so organised as to know what bits of Playmobil are missing?   :o
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 21:58:08 »
I agree with all the comments by Tiermann, Bonniebeth and Playmoholics.  How can people be so organised as to know what bits of Playmobil are missing?   :o

.... you can never imagine ;D

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 01:13:41 »
Well I know exactly what Im missing...  :-[ it's not much but I know they are gonners. I hope I can find all from ds, but they are old stuff so who knows.

There are 2 things that are driving me crazy. I know I have them somewhere I could find all my playmos that were at my parents house except this 2 things.
A film camera from set 3414 and the old chest with the eagle monogram  :( :( :( :( where are they God!?!?!?!?!?!?

http://collectobil.com/catalogue/items/3414.htm

...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Alison01326

• formerly known as "Bad Mum!"
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 17:50:43 »
You must be very organized.  :hatoff: Congrats! How long do you expect to continue the Playmobil drought?
I am aiming for September when all the new Christmas things come out.  Note the use of the word "aiming"  :lol:
I agree with all the comments by Tiermann, Bonniebeth and Playmoholics.  How can people be so organised as to know what bits of Playmobil are missing?   :o
In my case, it's the way I store them. And the assistance of a son with a photographic memory. I wish I could be so organised with everything else. Currently on the run is a packet of Blue Tak, an envelope with a quote for a job I am doing tomorrow written on the back, two CD boxes minus their CDs, a couple of drawstring bags for sports kit and a bag of 20 tent pegs for hard ground.