Author Topic: Klicky emotions  (Read 2018 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Klicky emotions
« on: December 29, 2015, 14:08:10 »
I know playmobil brand is all about the  0). Perfect smile. We are a happy race of people

Recently though geobra introduced a few new ones

The angry  >:(

The sad  :(

What other emotions does the playmobil brand have?

Have there ever been kid emotions?

Is it a good thing to only have kids view themselves as only ever perfectly happy ?
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: Klicky emotions
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 15:49:08 »
Have you seen the movie Inside Out? It's quite interesting in the way it addresses joy not being the only positive or productive emotion.

I've always been a fan of classic klicky faces, but I'm less opposed to an occasional sad face or frown than to cartoonish features. It might be interesting to see how other emotions could be produced while still making the faces look classic. Maybe surprise, with lifted eyebrows and an "o" mouth? Or even fear, which might look similar but with the mouth more open and the eyebrows tilted differently? Or what about something like :-\ for worry?
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 00:34:57 »
I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, it would occasionally be useful to have different emotions; on the other, I don't want it to become like Lego, where the classic smiling face is now rare. Another concern is that the more facial variations that there are, the greater the number of printed faces, which aren't as durable as molded faces.

Emoticons might be good inspiration for ways to do emotions while keeping the "feel" of the classic face. If they did four mouth types (curved up, curved down, open mouth, flat mouth) and added eyebrows as necessary, it'd be a fairly ample range.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 03:17:02 »
I gotta say, I really wanted that criminal figure because of the unhappy face. Once I had it though, I realised that I wouldn't want to see a departure from the classic smile. I was also disappointed that it appears to be painted on.

I would like to see a silly grin though, like this:  ;D

Where is the angry face by the way?

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 04:35:41 »
I gotta say, I really wanted that criminal figure because of the unhappy face. Once I had it though, I realised that I wouldn't want to see a departure from the classic smile. I was also disappointed that it appears to be painted on.

I would like to see a silly grin though, like this:  ;D

Where is the angry face by the way?

It's more like angry eyebrows.

Offline Mr Raven

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 05:40:11 »
There is actually a toddler with a surprised look with an O mouth. I don't know from which set it is but we have this toddler, the only child with not a smile.
When thinking outside the box you make the greatest things happen.