Author Topic: Filler neck for jerry cans  (Read 2502 times)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
Filler neck for jerry cans
« on: January 29, 2006, 22:02:57 »
Just a small "customization"  ;) like my fuel cap.
(For more infos and another photo please have a look here.)

I brought this up here, because I had quite a while ago a discussion/conversation with Gordon on another board about the "creation" of such a filler neck; Gordon preferred the straight connector variant, I the bended one, but I never have shown my tries/results, so here is my final solution. (For me this bended variant looks more similiar to the real live filler neck versions I know from own experience.)

Actually this picture contains another customization, or to be more precise some little sticker work: the west of the fireman got the imprint "Einsatzleitung", which means "group leader" in German (although I'm not sure, if this is the right term, but that's what my dictionary says  ;)).

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Filler neck for jerry cans
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 23:11:09 »
Nice custom, Jo.  It looks very good.  You''re really getting into the fire theme aten't you.

I've always tranlsated einsatzleitung when applied to a vehicle as control unit or, to use the modern term, command and control unit.  That would seem to fit in with your translation - the firefighter in command at an incident.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 23:19:26 »
Looks like a perfect fit! :)

A small modification, but still very effective. 8-)

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Playmobil 'borrowing' this idea sometime in the future. ;)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 09:36:33 »
Hello  Little Jo  :)

Thank you for sharing your customs with us. I allways liked your  filler and fuel cap for the jerry can because they are really cleverly done. Your group leader is also a very nice custom, i particularly like the sticker on the back of the hi-vis vest. I am really looking forward to seeing more of your work  :)9

Kindest Regards  Tim  :wave:

(28/5/03/850)