Author Topic: SAS Counter Terrorist Unit  (Read 7761 times)

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
Re: SAS Counter Terrorist Unit
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2005, 17:21:49 »
Hi Tim  :wave:
I appreciate your thorough response.
I think that it is sexist to prevent women fron being in the "front line".

I do believe that women should be able to do the physical requirements of the men, with an allowance for the ability to lift wieght

Like Syvia, I like it when people challenge our preconcieved ideas.  Its an important way to learn and question our beliefs.
But, in general, I am a pacifist.

I just wish the older people who are the ones who usually decide on war, would be the first ones on the front lines.

M

Offline David

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2005, 19:01:20 »
Hello  David  :wave:

Thank you for the kind feedback it is very much appreciated. I use Acrylic car paint on a lot of my vehicle models or big projects as it is a quick way of getting a good result and their is a wide variety of colour's. Unlike an airbrush it has the advantage of being quick and easy to use because there is no cleaning involved between spraying different colour's, you just swap over to a different can. You never have to buy any propellant because it comes in the can with the paint which is allready mixed to the right consistency. However the paint i used for the SAS is a different type, it is still an Acrylic spray paint but it is not a car paint. It has been designed by a company called Games Workshop to be used as an undercoat on their range of metal and plastic wargames miniatures. I hope this helps answer your question  :)

Regards  Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reply,

Your idea of using car paint is very interesting for the reasons you give and the cost of a couple of cans of carspray is much lower than airbrush equipment.
    So the can you used for these figures was from Games Workshop. I´ve heard of them Tim, I´ve even got figures  from Games Workshop I painted years ago in a drawer ;D

Guarrenzino

Offline Dan

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2006, 20:42:27 »
The figures are great.  The fact you said you heard of the Iran embassy seige "as a child" has made me feel VERY old though.

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2006, 22:23:53 »
Hello  Dan  :)9

Thank you for the kind feedback it is very much appreciated. At the time of the embassy siege i was only about two years old. However as soon as i was old enough ( probably about 5 ;D ) my dad told me the story of the SAS and the embassy siege. Then my first SAS action man followed soon after and i was hooked. Needless to say i have been interested and fascinated in the SAS ever since :).

Kindest Regards  Tim  :)9

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2006, 01:21:06 »
Okay, Tim, now that is just not fair! ;)

Bad enough that you have been making truly unbelievable fire-fighting equipment, but now you have to start with these amazing modern military units as well!?!? These rock!

(Thank goodness pirates just rely on cutlasses and pistols, with an occasional blunderbuss thrown in, so I do not have to worry about customizing specific equipment! Phew! :D)
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2006, 17:18:12 »
Hello  CH  :)

Thank you for your very kind feedback it is allways very much appreciated. Its great to have you with us here at Playmofriends  :)9. As soon as i get myself some more paint there will be a couple of new additions to my klickie SAS and possibly a small story.

Kindest Regards  Tim  :wave:

(28/5/03/850)