Author Topic: JLMatterer's Collection  (Read 77790 times)

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
Re: JLMatterer's Collection
« Reply #370 on: February 23, 2021, 21:47:59 »
They also say "STARBUCKS" on the back, I think? Are the little card thingies keychains as well?

Yes, "STARBUCKS" in small print & not too obtrusive, & yes, the gold reward cards are also key chains. From what I've read, though, the reward cards only work in S Korea.

Will you keep them in the bank in a Deposit Box?

Yes. or the equivalent thereof!  :lol:

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #371 on: February 24, 2021, 18:32:46 »
Shamrock

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #372 on: February 25, 2021, 23:08:10 »
70449 + 70503

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
Big Ones
« Reply #373 on: February 26, 2021, 21:45:21 »
Connie from Deluxe Toy & Hobby called me today; it's nice when that happens. PM is offering her 8 30" figures & 7 life-size figures. The 30" are a pirate; police officer; lion knight; construction worker; truck driver (promotional for a trucking company with "Speed" on the jacket); 2 female figs, 1 brunette & one blonde; & another fig of which details I didn't get. They are $60 each but she's letting me have them for less.

The life-size figures are considerably more expensive; common decency prevents me from saying how much. They are Santa; princess; Spirit; construction worker; pirate; knight; & a Novelmore fig.

I'm getting 1 each of the 30" figs & the life-size Novelmore. No surprise to anyone on the forum, I'm sure. I'll be at Deluxe tomorrow & may see pics of everything.

Deluxe is offered these all the time, so if anyone is interested, let me know.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 22:57:50 by JLMatterer »

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #374 on: February 26, 2021, 22:16:37 »
Wow. I wish you were in the EU :P  Prices are awesome, but with shipping and the lovely people... no can do. :(

I'll go bang my head on the wall - brb. I could have had my pick of all the available range.. but I was entering my moronic years.. and I did not.  And I am so sad that The Captain has THAT hair.

Anyways, looking forward to pics! :love:

Offline Speedyben

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Instagram dioramabenpm
« Reply #375 on: February 27, 2021, 20:20:11 »
I wished that you'd live in Europe, I would love to have that Novelmore Knight! :love: ;D
~Playmobil Collector and Diorama Artist~

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #376 on: February 27, 2021, 20:50:26 »
I wish I were living in Europe again, too.  :wave:

Offline Speedyben

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Instagram dioramabenpm
« Reply #377 on: February 28, 2021, 11:17:41 »
I wish I were living in Europe again, too.  :wave:

Are there many European sets not released in the USA?
~Playmobil Collector and Diorama Artist~

Offline PlaymoGuardian

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #378 on: February 28, 2021, 11:49:01 »
I would imagine some, but I don’t know... I know novelmore was released in Europe first and it was a while before it came to the US...

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #379 on: March 01, 2021, 22:31:01 »
Walking into Deluxe Toy & Hobby can be an adventure sometimes. I stopped by today to put $ on my never-ending layaway, and was asked if I was interested in something... dangerous words. Connie was going through their warehouse & found a quantity of store displays from 15 years ago - quite a few of them. I don't know what they are yet, but I accepted the offer & will be getting them all. I can pay as I go. I paid for one today & will pick it up later this week.

I appreciate the opportunity to get stuff like this. I really do. I'm getting so much stuff, though, that I don't know what to do with it all. A first-world problem, I suppose. My partner doesn't care in the least, which must be a blessing of sorts.

There's an "unofficial" Lego museum about 1/2 hour from where I live; it's in an old school & so has rooms galore. Maybe I should rent space for an "unofficial" PM museum. (Just kidding.)

Speaking of displays, I did get the circus display I talked about earlier. It's a huge pile of a bunch of stuff, so I'll try to post pics soon and have all of you to please help me figure it out. There's a circus tent, a cyclist on a tight-rope, etc.