Author Topic: Hello from Mississippi!  (Read 11395 times)

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
Hello from Mississippi!
« on: November 13, 2005, 05:36:22 »
Hey everyone!

Most of you already know me, but for those that don't here is a little about me. My name is Robbie and I'm from central Mississippi. I'm 19 years old(for just 9 more days, that is ;)) and I'm a sophomore in college. I first discovered Playmobil when I was about 7 years old, so that was around 1991-1992. There was a nice bookstore in the mall in my town called "Bookland" and they had a nice selection of this fine toy line(this was the only Playmobil retailer in our town). One day they immediately closed their doors, so my Playmobil interest quickly faded away. A few years later, I found many old Playmobil sets  at the discount-chain Tuesday Morning. My interest was more involved then ever and later I found out about eBay. I was hooked, but in 2002-2003 I really just lost interest little by little and got rid of most of my stuff. I have gotten a few sets in the last few months, but my "collection"(I'm not sure you would call it that, lol) is nowhere near being impressive. I don't care for most of the newer sets and really only have an interest in the late 80s to mid 90s stuff. What I'm after the most at the moment is the old green citycar 3211. I've seen it on eBay a few times but I usually forget to bid. 8}

Oh yeah, forgot to say that I'm a car fanatic! It won't take you long to realize that though. Gimme the keys to a nice Japanese sedan and I'm a happy camper! ;)

Robbie

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
Re: Hello from Mississippi!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 05:40:48 »
Hi Robbie  :wave:
its good to see you here.
i am glad you seem to have survived the worst of the hurricane season, without to much disruption to your life.

I hope school is going well.

its nice that you are here
(((HUGS)))

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 06:09:02 »
It's really nice to see you again, Meg! :)

School is....going. I'll say that much, lol. The first year was really great and exciting and I had really good grades, but this semester has been bothersome. I'm so ready to get college over with and I've got a while left to go. 8}

Robbie

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 06:13:14 »
sophmore doldrums
been there/done that type of thing

Are you still studying business or planning to change schools at the end of this year?

Getting decent grades will help with all of that.

M

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 06:16:58 »
Hi Robbie!!! So good to see you here! (I thought I'd lost you to libraries forever!  :o ) I've been in and around colleges forever and every 3rd semester...um..bites. That's just the way it goes. You're making great progress and I love your new avatar but...my, you've aged this past year! ;)  School will do that to you!  :P

Hey, keep muddling through and I'll let you drive my sporty Honda! :D
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 06:29:27 »
Wow, good to see its not just me being lazy about the third semester, lol!  ;D  I'm still sticking with business, but not sure where I want to transfer too after the Spring 2006 semester. I had wanted to go to this one certain college but my parents are possible moving to the same town, so that wouldn't be too fun.  ::) :lol:

Heya, Diana! :)
Yep, I'm here and glad to be a member of this community. It really rocks already! :D LOL about the avatar, yep see what this semester has done to me, I used to look like a little boy but now I'm old and gray. :hmm: I'll come up with a new avatar of my own but this figure is one I have always liked so it will be a good stand-in for the meantime. ;) All of the avatars for members to choose from are really awesome.

Robbie

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2005, 06:32:17 »
I had wanted to go to this one certain college but my parents are possible moving to the same town, so that wouldn't be too fun.  ::) :lol:

Poor Robbie...he's folks just can't bear to let him fly out of the nest! You can come up to the Northwest and we'll you you get into...I mean, "don't" get into any trouble! ;)
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2005, 09:34:47 »
Hello  Robbie  :wave:

Welcome to Playmofriends i hope you enjoy your stay, its great to have you here with us.

Regards  Tim

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2005, 11:35:54 »
Hey there, Robbie! :)

Nice to read you again. Welcome to PlaymoFriends! :-*

I'll come up with a new avatar of my own but this figure is one I have always liked so it will be a good stand-in for the meantime. ;)
He's one of my favourites too! :D I think you even helped me to get one, didn't you? (It's a distant memory in my tired old brain now. :P) I had trouble locating the Special set he comes from because he had been discontinued a few years by the time I got collecting.

All of the avatars for members to choose from are really awesome.
That's probably because many of the mini images are cropped and edited from the great quality pics found on collectobil. ;)

Offline Morgan

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2005, 13:06:52 »
Hello Robbie, and welcome  :)