Author Topic: 6830 cockatoo - Special Plus 5374 (ice sculpture) 5376 (bird watcher) 5377 (dj)  (Read 2609 times)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
I saw the new Special Plus and Playmo-Friends (!) were available in a local toy store so I couldn't resist picking up these four sets:

I love them all  :love: The ice sculpture is gorgeous, the clickies that come with the sets are very pretty and the new animals are a must-have.

Since there are now records available, I sure hope that one day they'll make an old grammophone player!! For now, this is very cool too.

That was it for the review  :) It's not very elaborate, but if you need details, just ask!

Edit: One point of criticism: the head phones only match a big hairdo. That is not very convenient.

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
These are very cool pieces. I really must have the ice sculpture! Thanks so much for sharing!

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
Wow, I think I'm going to end up getting all of those!

Thanks for the pictures!

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
My favourites too! Can't wait for the bird. Very pretty.
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
Well that's disappointing, I thought the ice sculpting tools were going to be a metallic colour like the box art shows.
That's false advertising and I recall in another thread a complaint about a clip on dress not being the shiny colour the box art suggested it was.
Tweak the photo to give effects like light reflecting, but not to the point it changes the look of the object.

Otherwise some really nice sets you've got there, I especially like the one with the bird and the reeds.

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
They are all very nice, and the ice sculpture is wonderful - but it is the cockatoo that I really really want.  Plus a few more cockatoos to keep it company. 

They were my favourite pet/aviary bird when I was a child (though I never lived with one myself).  Not out here yet, but should be very soon, I hope!
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Those are all excellent! I think the PF figs are coming out in the US later this year, but that ice sculpture will be hard to wait for.

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
Those are all excellent! I think the PF figs are coming out in the US later this year, but that ice sculpture will be hard to wait for.

Yes, I've got that on my wish list!
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Mr Raven

• Playmo Fanatic
Great new sets.

That ice sculpture looks like the little dragon of sets 5480 and 5609
When thinking outside the box you make the greatest things happen.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
Well that's disappointing, I thought the ice sculpting tools were going to be a metallic colour like the box art shows.
That's false advertising and I recall in another thread a complaint about a clip on dress not being the shiny colour the box art suggested it was.
Tweak the photo to give effects like light reflecting, but not to the point it changes the look of the object.

Well the ice sculpture isn't light blue either, as the box would have it. It happens all the time with the enhanced techniques.