Author Topic: Dismantling Swimsuit Klickys  (Read 74000 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: Dismantling Swimsuit Klickys
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2012, 17:20:14 »
You must have some really strong hands. There's no way I could dismantle one that way!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2012, 16:40:08 »
i use a towel or a thick piece of cloth to dismantle old klicies - that and brute force >:D >:D >:D
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2012, 19:18:13 »
You must have some really strong hands. There's no way I could dismantle one that way!

It doesn't work for me either, I don't have enough force I guess.
So I've been thinking about binding a klicky's legs to the front door, and strapping the head to a car ... ;D  Hopefully the head pops off and not the front door  :uhoh:

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2012, 19:26:28 »
Im not Popeye guys! it's not that hard! :lol: :lol:

Anyway... only problem is your fingers get numb after the third clicky so if you have to pop up a lot of heads, you better use the rubber band.  ;)
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2012, 19:46:39 »
My fingers go numb after doing three with the rubber band. :-[

Do you eat a lot of canned spinach? :lol:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline MandyJ

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2015, 17:54:12 »
being a newbie I decided to try the rubber band technique on a swimsuit figure, I couldn't do it at all ... even after watching the you tube video I still couldn't do it?

I've dismantled many an action figure over the years including triad joints which are very tricky so I reverted to type and got the kettle on, brought it to the boil and submerged the whole body in the water for about a minute and the head pulled off quite easily.

I had to use a teaspoon to pick the figure out of the boiling water then used the dish cloth at both ends to get that grip needed.

Hoping my technique helps others and youngster's you'll need the help of mum, dad or grandparents for this,
MandyJ

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2015, 19:01:17 »
Careful with that - some might be discolored, in the very little experience I had...

(Triad as in triad 12" ? I assume we are not speaking of the same.. I got a female viking type and had a preorder (princess of mars, I think - pretty warrior woman type) that was never produced - that taught me to NEVER EVER preorder any 12". Ever.)

Offline MandyJ

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2015, 19:46:50 »
Hi Tahra,
yes that's right the 12" Triads.

I always pop off the heads from similar figures like that before submerging them in hot water.

I've had so many wrist and ankle breakages I've had to remove old ball joints to insert new hands, feet or boots and hot water has always worked for me but thank you for that.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with your warrior figure, that's an awful thing to have happen to you XXX

MandyJ

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2015, 19:59:17 »
Hi Tahra,
yes that's right the 12" Triads.

I always pop off the heads from similar figures like that before submerging them in hot water.

I've had so many wrist and ankle breakages I've had to remove old ball joints to insert new hands, feet or boots and hot water has always worked for me but thank you for that.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with your warrior figure, that's an awful thing to have happen to you XXX

MandyJ

Oh, the bad experience was the wait... Fortunately, it was a honest seller and I got a refund like one year (or was it two?) after for the one they didn't release (Dejah Thoris: Princess of Mars). I never popped one of those - too expensive to have many of. Actually, I'm not sure I have any other from Triad... This is the.. (looked her up) Helga Njalsson from "Ternion Wars" (have no idea what that is). I would LOVE to get her head on a more.... normal body.  ::)

The color problem I meant for playmobil - we tried (like over 10 years ago) with a pirate and his torso was discolored.. Might have been too long in...

Tried hot water for GIJoes, with moderate success...

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2015, 22:08:56 »
Thanks for the guide, Bonnie.

I usually use the pliers method (but sometimes just hold the head of the klicky in one hand and the legs in the other at shoulder height and just pull them apart) and wrap masking tape around the head below the chin first.

Yes I think one of the Gardeners where I volunteer grabbed a pair of pliers and managed to disassemble a figure but, the heads got scratched not sure whether masking tape was used that time but, what I would say is to use at least two layers of masking tape on the head and a good bit on either shoulder I think last time when I did that the heads weren't really scratched and the bodies were also fine but, if you only wrap one layer of masking tape round the head you might end up with a fiar amount of scratching hope this helps.