Author Topic: More Famous Art!  (Read 561 times)

Offline rexalan

• Playmo Pal
More Famous Art!
« on: January 29, 2024, 04:00:47 »
Starting with "The Girl with the Pearl Earring"!

American Gothic, Mona Lisa, Portrait of Madame X, Princess Albert De Broglie, Portrait of William Shakespeare, The Signing of the Declaration, Washington Crossing the Delaware, the Battle of Bunker Hill, just to name a few.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
Re: More Famous Art!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2024, 06:29:06 »
I keep meaning to start a challenge thread in which we post our PM versions of famous art. Maybe one of these years I'll actually do it.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2024, 22:33:10 »
Can’t we just print out a tiny decal snd stick it onto an existing Playmobil art frame ?

I don’t understand
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2024, 02:08:56 »
I keep meaning to start a challenge thread in which we post our PM versions of famous art. Maybe one of these years I'll actually do it.

You should!

Offline rexalan

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2024, 02:40:31 »
"Can’t we just print out a tiny decal and stick it onto an existing Playmobil art frame ?

I don’t understand'

The idea is to replace the subjects in painting with Playmobil people customized to look like the original.  So, in "George Washington Crossing the Delaware", all the people in the painting would be Playmobils, customized to look like American Revolutionary era soldiers ang George Washington.

This link shows an example: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gessato.com%2Fplaymobil-toys-to-the-art-museum%2F&psig=AOvVaw1rox2Cxw9ETx1-2o3TRw2D&ust=1707273380707000&source=images&cd=vfe&opi=89978449&ved=0CBMQjRxqFwoTCIDY8I3XlYQDFQAAAAAdAAAAABAI

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2024, 08:39:21 »
Can’t we just print out a tiny decal snd stick it onto an existing Playmobil art frame ?

I don’t understand

Like the Rijks Museum sets

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2024, 14:02:24 »
Ah, your talking about this type of stuff

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2024, 14:03:50 »
Not these

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2024, 20:18:36 »
Jim Riswold, "Le Retraite de Napoleon"

He hasn't done any other PM work as far as I can tell.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman: