Author Topic: Hello from Playmovictorian  (Read 1087 times)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
Hello from Playmovictorian
« on: September 22, 2019, 09:45:10 »
Good morning from Marlow on Thames in the UK dear Playmofriends  :wave:

This year will mark the 10th anniversary of me joining this wonderful community when our Friend Indianna welcomed me and my ever happy little Victorians  :love:

After a Spring dedicated to the making of my New Regent St project, the pressure of real life did catch up with me on a professional level - I co manage a very busy 168 bedrooms hotel - leaving me with no time to catch up with my favourite hobbies such as photography, exploring the UK which I love and resuming my New Regent St project.

When my health started sending warning signs of an imminent burn out with all the stress and anxiety it generates, I decided to take the matter in my own hands and work out what really matters in terms of finding a balance between work and leisure time.

So here I am, with the strong resolution that I too deserves to have a little fun from time to time and what better place than reopening the magical door to my New Regent St project which takes me back to a world of innocence, good intentions and happiness all around.

I will be adding a customised version of the Sylvanian Families Elegant Town Manor tomorrow and will attempt to transform the scenery of New Regent St into a colourful celebration of autumn in the weeks to come, just like I did for my Autumn Harvest diorama exactly 10 years ago.

I will do my very best at participating a little more in the topics and catch up with a toy industry which has so dramatically changed since I first purchased my original Playmobil Victorian collection back in the summer of 1990.

Thank you for welcoming me back  :wave:

Karim
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 12:15:47 by playmovictorian »
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
Re: Hello from Playmovictorian
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2019, 16:04:55 »
It feels weird welcoming you, considering you've been a member for ten years while I've been for just fifteen days!  ;)

I am terribly curious about your project, using Sylvanian Families buildings for Playmobil sounds like a most interesting proposition.

Your words show a great deal of enthusiasm and I can't wait for you to share updates about your Victorian street!

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2019, 19:07:21 »
Good evening  :wave:

Thank you so much for your kind words.

The dedicated thread is located in the Story Telling section under Making Of Summer Garden on Regent St  :)

Wishing you a great day !

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 19:29:20 »
So here I am welcoming you back when I've only just seen this post 6 months later  8}

I'm just reading through all the things I've missed, and I'll be checking out your project soon. I know it will be amazing  :love: :love: :love:

I hope you're doing okay and that you've been taking care of your health. Jobs get too demanding at times, I agree it's important to take care not too 'give' too much, thereby losing yourself.

I hope to see you around here once in a while. Lots of love, dear friend!