Poll

What do you think is wrong with the photocontest?

Once a month is too much for me. It should be every other month or similar.
6 (33.3%)
The themes are too stupid
2 (11.1%)
The themes are too difficult
0 (0%)
I would participate if there was a real prize
1 (5.6%)
Im not interested
0 (0%)
I just like to watch the pics and vote a winner
3 (16.7%)
The whole process is too difficult
1 (5.6%)
Other (please explain)
5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: October 03, 2011, 15:30:34

Author Topic: Monthly Photocontest: help us understand.  (Read 8523 times)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: Monthly Photocontest: help us understand.
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2011, 21:58:20 »
on my end it's two things:

i honestly find the theme thing an issue for me, it's so limiting (again, for me, i'm not speaking on behalf of anyone else) Sorry I complete disagree with this. All themes could have been deliverd with ANY PLAYMOBIL THEME. You can check the diversity each month. I think that is undisputable, we've been cautious about that

also, timing is so complicated, especially nominating...imo too much time is spent in nominating a theme, then voting for one and when we're finally 'ready' to take the pic the next month's nominating/voting starts :hmm: too much bureaucracy for one picture of ONE theme if you ask me I can understand what you mean about the complicated process but we thought it was better to make it very democratic by voting for each thing. Now... it would be simpler for us just to name a theme, but is that better?
Timing... do you think that having the first week of september the theme for the end of october (that is 2 months in advance) is bad timing?

taking pictures is one of the things i enjoy most doing with my pm, but if you ask me the photo contest on this forum has been the most complicated i've ever seen on a collectors forum

things can be so much easier, but i won't give advices unless requested :P Please do, that's exactly what we are looking for  :). but just FYI I don't think the contest in playcliks is better  ;)

:knight: :knight: :knight: :knight:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2011, 11:20:21 »
Guys the voting closes today. Please if anyone has some suggestion or comment let us know.
After the poll is closed we'll work with what we had and let you know our decision on the changes to be done.  :wave:

Mod Team.
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...

Offline rms008

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2011, 11:32:33 »
i think if the contest is to be held every three months, so that would be 4 times yearly.
 i think poeple might have chance to enter in a contest or other, and mean while they have time to create something up.
me my self never took part in, i didnt knew about it lets say so, im rather new round here. anyways i would like to be part if i can.
and re theme it depends if one have collection regarding it. so  i might suggest that a certain amount of titles are proposed on a 3month bases and participants  have a to chose among them.
if im wrong please correct me i wouldnt be offended in anyway
ryan

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2011, 12:46:09 »
That's what we do with the theme... members put in suggestions and then there is a vote. The theme is usually something broad like "friendship" so that it can span all themes no matter what you collect.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline rms008

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2011, 12:56:48 »
ok i understand my point  and thanks for the info but my point was for example  a set of 4 or 5 titles are put out and each photo may be regarding one of the titles so poeple may have a vast range of choosing.
e.g.
friendship
need of help
cold weather
green
than  one can chose one title and  reproduce a diorama or scene or what ever in the title chosen   the contest is done every 3 months or more  so one have more time to think up of a great photo.....

its just an idea if not liken its ok for me im just happy i tried my best to help :)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2011, 13:41:36 »
Oh, I see what you mean!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2011, 15:32:46 »
Another option could be to keep it a monthly competition but have an open theme on alternate months so we could be planning a photo for the next themed month, but perhaps submit a photo we already have for the non themed month.
Does that make sense?  ???

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline rms008

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2011, 15:42:21 »
i said every 3 months so the thing doesnt get boring like every month and every period of time poeple would be waiting for it and like more willingly to participate, and  since for lot its problem with time too. doesnt want to contrast you elaine dont be offended pls cos i think it an other way. i exapt all decisions  that would be taken
:)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2011, 16:12:22 »
ok guys. we understand that among other things,  time is an issue here. so...
I personally believe that a contest every 3 months is too spaced, and on the contrary than others I believe it will make people forget about it and loose interest in the end.

We also understand that once a month is too much for most of you.

An idea would be to make each contest to last 6 weeks (instead of four) (that would be a month and a half) in which people would have 3 whole weeks to prepare their pics. The rest of the time would be devided between the other activities involved in the contest (themes suggestions and voting).

How does that sound?  :)

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2011, 16:16:20 »
we can always try it and if it doesn't work change it again right? I say lets give it a go... BUT I do like the idea of having multiple categories... so what if we did do 2 contests... a free theme every time and also a more specific one?
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.