Author Topic: 70761 Play and Give Greek Fighters of 1821  (Read 1363 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
70761 Play and Give Greek Fighters of 1821
« on: June 20, 2021, 20:33:32 »
This is the current big Play and Give set out exclusively in Greece. I ordered it without the box, so no box pictures here, but they can be seen at PlaymoDB.

Nothing printed in this set except an international warning sheet about the dangers of the projectiles. No instructions. I have sent a parts list and some images to Heather so she can add them if she likes.

The set contents:

Playmobil 70761 Parts by Tim, on Flickr

Many of the parts are unique to this set. Both the figures, both of their hats (the fez is a darker red than previous), the flag and the scroll. The rest are existing parts.

Edit: Swapped out the picture links form my website to Flickr to deal with the images not showing due in some browsers issue.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 04:58:12 by Tiermann »

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: 70761 Play and Give Greek Fighters of 1821
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2021, 20:34:53 »
Here are the klickies. They are really beautiful. Such nice detailing on the printing.

Playmobil 70761 Klickies by Tim, on Flickr

Playmobil 70761 Klickies-side by Tim, on Flickr
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 04:58:48 by Tiermann »

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2021, 20:40:05 »
Here is the set all together like on the box. The only negative is that they have provided the clear stands for the klickies, but the woman doesn't fir tightly in hers due to the shoe choice. So the one figure that really needs it can't use it properly. Obviously you can give the woman the sword and have the guy hold the flag. This is a lovely set, but unfortunately a little expensive to have it shipped internationally to the US (which is why I got the unboxed option). Probably can be gotten for better prices in Europe.

Playmobil 70761 Set by Tim, on Flickr

This one following on the really nice Aesop' Fables set is great. I am glad sales in Greece are good enough they can offer these special sets there. This set is very specific and may not sell well other places, but the Aesop's Fables set really could have been done international as we are all aware of them.
Thanks for reading
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 04:59:11 by Tiermann »

Offline drbatesy

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Early Modern Playmobil
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2021, 11:34:31 »
This is a lovely set - thank you for sharing. I had to dig around to see what 'Play and Give' was all about. I think it may be a bit short-sighted not to offer this sort of product outside of Greece given the collector's market but then I'm sure they have their finger on the consumer pulse more than I do!  ::)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2021, 11:47:20 »
That's for the detailed pics, Tiermann :)

It's a really nice (and special) set. And the klickys are gorgeous! :love:

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2021, 14:32:48 »
I've ordered one from eBay - should get it in July.

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2021, 07:09:25 »
They look fabulous!

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2021, 22:24:16 »
A great set, I like the klickies a lot.
I ordered several sets through a collective order on KW. Shipment from Greece consisted of 3 boxes, each containing multiple sets for a whole bunch of people. Third box (tracked) including the sets destined for me, was lost by UPS... :'(
Probably not much chance the box will be found (several weeks have passed), so I bought a few sets on eBay (and have received those).

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2021, 03:47:29 »
This is a lovely set - thank you for sharing. I had to dig around to see what 'Play and Give' was all about. I think it may be a bit short-sighted not to offer this sort of product outside of Greece given the collector's market but then I'm sure they have their finger on the consumer pulse more than I do!  ::)

Play and Give is where the Zeus and Athena figures first appeared, the runaway popularity of which led to us getting a whole Greek mythology theme. The Greeks are leading the way again with this beautiful historical set.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman: