Author Topic: Entreprise NCC-1701  (Read 13962 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Entreprise NCC-1701
« Reply #110 on: October 20, 2021, 20:35:39 »
I get  my Enterprise next weekend; it's been on lay-away since Sept, & I've made space for it in the living room.

Looking forward to pics... Hope you make a detailed review of Spock's head! Like, pics of the inside, too! :P

Offline Adam16bit

• Playmo Enthusiast
  • has been writing about toys for a long time
    • 16bit.com
« Reply #111 on: October 21, 2021, 00:16:36 »
Looking forward to pics... Hope you make a detailed review of Spock's head! Like, pics of the inside, too! :P

While Spock's Brain was sadly not included, the head is a new one.  Ears are molded to the head itself, the hair is a separate, rubbery element.  The eyes and mouth are painted, not molded on.   There are no indentations of any kind of goggles, earrings or other accessories.

Sadly the phasers are completely unpainted, I expected a little bit of color on them.

The other figures are all very much standard issue.  I would've liked some specialized hair, maybe they'll consider it for future set releases.
--Adam
16bit.com and elsewhere

Offline Adam16bit

• Playmo Enthusiast
    • 16bit.com
« Reply #112 on: October 21, 2021, 00:33:55 »
Here are some Spock photos. Can't wait for the BTTFIII calendar.
--Adam
16bit.com and elsewhere

Offline Adam16bit

• Playmo Enthusiast
    • 16bit.com
« Reply #113 on: October 21, 2021, 00:35:05 »
And have two more.
--Adam
16bit.com and elsewhere

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #114 on: October 21, 2021, 02:39:08 »
Thank you for the pictures, nice to see the ears seeing as they were such an iconic part of his costume
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Adam16bit

• Playmo Enthusiast
    • 16bit.com
« Reply #115 on: October 21, 2021, 03:48:26 »
And here are a few more shots I took from messing around with some of the figures and the ship.  It took me about 3-4 hours to assemble/sticker it.
--Adam
16bit.com and elsewhere

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #116 on: October 21, 2021, 05:20:13 »
Looks great, thanks for all the photos.

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #117 on: October 21, 2021, 07:33:40 »
Ears look good. So it begs the question, if they could do ears, why can’t they also do noses?
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #118 on: October 21, 2021, 08:03:47 »
While Spock's Brain was sadly not included, the head is a new one.  Ears are molded to the head itself, the hair is a separate, rubbery element.  The eyes and mouth are painted, not molded on.   There are no indentations of any kind of goggles, earrings or other accessories.

Thank you so much for the pics! I was dying to see that in detail! Saw several reviews, but they all centered on the ship, and to a playmobil collector (or is it just me?), that head is certainly the biggest novelty (like the asian guy's on the 007 or BA's on the A-Team van).

I didn't know the hair was the rubbery sort! :o  Makes it easier to handle, but it attracts every speck of dirt in a LARGE radius (and I fear it won't last 40 years).

As I feared (and expected), cheap painted head. He looks great though  :love:   I really hope that klicky somehow finds his way to my grabby hands (along with some friends  ;D )

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #119 on: October 21, 2021, 08:38:25 »
The other figures are all very much standard issue.  I would've liked some specialized hair, maybe they'll consider it for future set releases.

I agree. Thanks for the pictures of Spock's head and the other figures. Sadly, it is unlikely I will get my hands on them any time soon.

So... Adam, would it be OK to use your photos of Spock in an update of my Guide to Hair Types on here. AND (just askin') post them on Klickywelt too?
No royalties, sorry. :-[
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 11:34:17 by GrahamB »
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)