Author Topic: Scooby-Doo! Series 1 (70288)  (Read 2078 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Scooby-Doo! Series 1 (70288)
« on: May 24, 2020, 20:29:18 »
Scooby-Doo!

Main page on pk: link

And the series review: direct link

Will do the van later... and probably the small one when I get it.. for the sake of completion.

edit: fixed the first link  :-[   (sorry about that)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 08:06:53 by tahra »

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
Re: Scooby-Doo! Series 1 (70288)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 21:12:11 »
This is great Tahra  :love: :love: :love:

These ghosts are bringing back memories from my childhood  :D
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 21:20:24 »
This is great Tahra  :love: :love: :love:

These ghosts are bringing back memories from my childhood  :D

Thank you :)

You have a better memory than me then...  :-[

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 23:10:27 »
Fun review - thank you. I have 13 of the clowns now, & 17 of the Pumpkin Heads. The clowns, I think, look pretty neat with a pumpkin instead of the hat. Incidentally, with 2 of my clowns, I wasn't given back pieces, but 2 front pieces without any printing on them. Combined with the regular back pieces, I can make 2 entirely red body suits. PM USA is supposed to send me 2 replacement back pieces, as 2 fronts can't be put together.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2020, 07:59:31 »
Incidentally, with 2 of my clowns, I wasn't given back pieces, but 2 front pieces without any printing on them. Combined with the regular back pieces, I can make 2 entirely red body suits. PM USA is supposed to send me 2 replacement back pieces, as 2 fronts can't be put together.

Well, in repeats, that's nice - variety and all :)

I don't even bother, after the way they dealt with me last time (years ago).

Offline JackLeftTown

• The Supreme Backward
  • Playmo Pal
  • Been a LONG time!
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2020, 11:45:26 »
JL, they must have put one of your back pieces in mine as I actually opened one up yesterday morning and had an extra back piece. It's yours, if you need it!

I like this series, but thus far that Creeper and the Caretaker have eluded me!
JLT
Novelmore Enthusiast

Offline Luftgaengerin

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2020, 08:57:44 »
Great review as always, Tahra! Thank you  :)
Interesting parts, but that's about it for me - I remember watching Scooby-Doo sometimes, but was never a favourite cartoon. My youngest kid likes monsters and halloween, that being the main reason for me to get them.

Your kept figures: You made such nice cowboys, well done! I find most of these figures very difficult to customise... I like the neckpiece solution on the creeper, covering the weird mouth. Your Indian doctor head is just a perfect fit, amazing! What a great idea for that head from the movie! :love:
"Give me that man that is not passion’s slave" - Shakespeare's Hamlet.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2020, 14:57:52 »
Great review as always, Tahra! Thank you  :)
Interesting parts, but that's about it for me - I remember watching Scooby-Doo sometimes, but was never a favourite cartoon.

Same here - I know we watched it when we were younger (where's Scrappy?) but I only remember (barely) the main characters.. Never watched movies or anything... These "ghosts" I don't remember at all. So, parts :P

Your kept figures: You made such nice cowboys, well done! I find most of these figures very difficult to customise...

Thank you - but do keep in mind many of the kept are almost original...

I like the neckpiece solution on the creeper, covering the weird mouth.

I love both eyes (that one and the woman's), but I HATE the mouths. My original idea was to use a caveman beard, but these double faced heads don't have any beard slots :wall:  No idea what to do with the moronic worm. Who in Hades messed with the head printers to make them all look like morons?!  >:(

Your Indian doctor head is just a perfect fit, amazing! What a great idea for that head from the movie! :love:

It was mere chance that that head was on top of the pile, facing up, when I went to the figures box (heads+frames) looking for a simple one for the draft... Wait. Scratch that. Yeah, it was a brilliant idea, wasn't it? ;D  (lesson learned, Seregil! ;) )

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2020, 21:47:59 »
Great review. I really like the black and white guy made from the Zen Tuo head. Looks great. Much more like a decent comic book character than anything we can expect from the next wave of Everdreamerz.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2020, 09:00:46 »
Great review. I really like the black and white guy made from the Zen Tuo head. Looks great. Much more like a decent comic book character than anything we can expect from the next wave of Everdreamerz.

Thank you - I used most of an old ghost, and then remembered that torso... Took me a while to find it, just when I thought there wasn't one, there it was :)

The everwhatsit are more parts.... some nice ones though, apparently. Properly used among three or four klickys, I suppose  :P