Author Topic: 6625 Pirate Calender  (Read 1268 times)

Offline Morgan

• Playmo Lover
6625 Pirate Calender
« on: October 31, 2015, 15:01:22 »
Hello,

I bought the advent calendar 6625 the other day, and thought I would give it a short review.

It is wrapped in cardboard and can slide out of it. On the backside it has flip to pin it on the wall. The calendar itself comes pre-prepared, all the stuff is already put into suitable plastic boxes, entered by opening the hatch for the day. So no assembly of the calendar itself is required, which I think was nice. The playmoparts are of course packed in plastic bags, and must be assembly – as usual.

Offline Morgan

• Playmo Lover
Re: 6625 Pirate Calender
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 15:04:14 »
We get some nice treasure pieces, a map and two chests. Also two piles of coins and jewelry, topped with rubies. I don’t think these golden piles are so bad, I like them. There is also some sort of golden plate, with a red diamond in center. It can be held by a klicky by a small handle on the back. I have no idea what it is supposed to be, maybe some Inca treasure piece. The gold plastic is a bit brighter than I have seen before.

The scenery pieces are also cool. Large new type campfire and a crystal rock for the ghost. I love the skull on the pole, and this item was the sole reason for buying this set. Imagine cutting your way through a dense jungle, or being washed ashore on a remote island. You suddenly look up and see this half man, half sign creation. There could not be a clearer warning: “Here be pirates!”.  :D

Offline Morgan

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 15:05:34 »
Some nice tools are included as well. The bucket comes with water. Only thing I dislike, is the ornament on the row boat. I’m not sure what it is supposed to be. To me it is only dead weight, so I removed it.

Plenty of food and animals. A seagull is good, we can never have too many seagulls. I also like that the green jungle snake is included. And four nice rats, quite larger than the mice we have seen before. A pirate set with rats, that is just perfect.

Not much to say about the weapons. There is enough of them. Notice the pale gray colour on one the sable, compared to the cutlass and rapier.

Offline Morgan

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 15:07:26 »
And then the klickies. The ghost is rather cool, just too bad he is a ghost. The flaps on his coat stops him from moving his arms any more backwards than is shown here, I’m not sure that was a good idea. His legs, torso and head are transparent, so when he is standing on the crystal rock, the light will shine through him and create a spooky effect. But I’m lacking batteries, so I must come back to that. The other klicky is a typicel modern flamboyant pirate with a red bandana. He is so similar to the 6684 Pirate Captain, so I expect them to be twins.

I am happy with the set. The one pirate klicky is not all that, but we get a lot of new and cool items. I think it is the best pirate calendar in several years.

Thanks for reading  :wave:

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 15:27:35 »
Good review, I did get this set too for all the nice little parts. Sets like this are great for accesoires which I find very usefull to have whenever I make larger setups. Helps dress it all up a bit.

Personly I despise the gold treasure heaps though. The color is wrong and its just not playmobil to me since gold was always loose coins.

Best part of the ghost is his hat, but I can see him being useable for some things. Pirate is pretty standard but it might be possible to make him more interesting by switching some parts. Not a fan myself of the new tricone mold he is using.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 17:41:23 »
Thanks for the details.. somehow I manage not to buy it on my last order - can't really remember if it was a mistake on my part or it was out of stock :(

I think you are right - loads of useful and interesting items..

I love the ghost - we got one in a lot, and removed the jacket.. We'll give him astronaut arms :D   I don't remember if he had that proper jacket. But if the jacket stops the klickys arms from moving.... it's useless. Will have to see if I have any of those... try to sand those off.. but it's completely ridiculous.  In a sad/bad way.

Looking forward to the rats, and that skull..

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 15:53:41 »
It is sure a very nice set and very useful for all the little parts it has!! Nice figures too!
Thanks for the review!

George. :)
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 19:45:53 »
This is so cool.  I had previously noted the parts numbers for the rats, but that was all that caught my eye.

But now, seeing everything close up ... the klickies are wonderful; I love the treasure, the basket, the boat; and the skull on the pole; and that nice piece of tree-wood on the sand base too.  And another seagull would be good to have also.  Oh, and the purple chest is also very nice.

Aargh!  I had planned my Playmobil budget for the end of this year.  But it may need adjusting now.....
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2015, 12:26:38 »
This is such an adorable set, I like all the accessories it comes with. Especially the rats, of course  8-)

I had it in my hand a few hours ago, but decided to skip it anyway and order the rats from DS. If didn't already have a lot of the accessories from other sets, it would have been a must-buy for me.