Author Topic: Two new Volkswagen cars are coming  (Read 5303 times)

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
Two new Volkswagen cars are coming
« on: March 19, 2022, 17:24:31 »
I just discovered Playmobil uploaded two pictures in their online database of two new Volkswagen sets! At this moment the release date is unknown...

The links to the pictures indicate the set numbers, I assume new colours of the Kever and the T1 bus:

https://media.playmobil.com/i/playmobil/70951_product_detail

https://media.playmobil.com/i/playmobil/70952_product_detail

Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Two new Volkswagen cars are coming
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2022, 22:42:22 »
Great to see more color choices , I just hope they are colors and not covered in decals
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2022, 11:05:34 »
Great find!

Thanks for sharing :)

I cannot. Wonder what they will be like though..

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2022, 12:38:04 »
According to our friend Playdalai on Amclicks you will be able to design your own version of the iconic cars! There's no clue yet how that will work... Anyway, how cool is that?!

In addition I'll add the box pictures, also released by Playmobil:

Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2022, 13:35:15 »
Is this going to be a “color” your own car type of thing that Geobra did so many years ago

Or perhaps the set will include lots of different decals
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2022, 13:43:52 »
Maybe they would offer genuine VW colours.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2022, 14:48:57 »
I’d buy a hippie van. And a Herbie. Those are the only recolours I would be interested in. The cars themselves turned out nice, but the colours they were avaible in never ‘popped’ enough for me to pull the trigger. Which I would for those two variants I mentioned.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2022, 16:00:57 »
Maybe they would offer genuine VW colours.

That would be the most logical thing to do - but surely it would be very difficult? I dread to think how much they would cost....

Maybe you can combine a number of colours, but there's not many different parts

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2022, 17:23:57 »
That would be the most logical thing to do - but surely it would be very difficult? I dread to think how much they would cost....

Maybe you can combine a number of colours, but there's not many different parts

I don't think car colours are patented or copyrighted so cost shouldn't be an issue other than mixing the plastics.  Here's the colour I want:

www.leehedges.com/1964ellie/colorchart.jpg
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2022, 22:09:53 »
I don't think car colours are patented or copyrighted so cost shouldn't be an issue other than mixing the plastics.  Here's the colour I want:

www.leehedges.com/1964ellie/colorchart.jpg

I didn't mean from that point of view - I assume anything like that would be arranged through VW anyway. I just mean in terms of production - if they were making to order, or if they offer a big range and then need to hold a huge amount of stock.