Author Topic: Bridles and Reins?  (Read 3525 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: Bridles and Reins?
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2023, 21:55:31 »
Here are common saddle types available for the different horse types.

saddles 1 or 2 by Tim, on Flickr

saddles 3 by Tim, on Flickr

Most of the same types have been made for each with the type 3 even including a side saddle, not ever seen in the older styles

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2023, 21:59:02 »
Moving on to bridle and rein sets, all three types have a unique bridle and rein.

bridles comparison by Tim, on Flickr

The big points for telling them apart.
Type 1 is narrow all around. The reins are quite narrow as is the bridle. The bridle has small round pins and the reins have holes to clip onto them
Type 2 has rounder bridle and wider gapping reins, These also have the pins on the bridle and holes on the reins.
Type 3 is broader in the reins still. It has flipped the posts though. The reins have the little pins and the bridle has round holes to accept them.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 22:09:20 by Tiermann »

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2023, 22:06:41 »
Sadly the fact that the type 3 bridle has holes in it to accept the rein pins isn't unique. Both types 1 and 2 have had bridles with holes instead of pins. Those just don't accept the reins for types 1 or 2 but are used by them selves sometimes.

bridles type 1 by Tim, on Flickr

bridles type 2 by Tim, on Flickr

Still they are different enough in look that you will mostly be able to tell them apart. I recommend getting at least one of each some time to compare in person and then you will have no trouble seeing them in auctions. As mentioned there are also smaller or differently shaped bridles for the ponies, newest style colts, donkeys, camels and even a bear bridle.

Here is one final photo to show you a unique rein type for the type 3 horses. it is dagged fabric covered and looks great for Medieval era settings. Sadly only in weird colors so far. They really need to do it in browns, silver and gold as well.

dagged reins type 3 by Tim, on Flickr

Hope this has been helpful. :)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2023, 22:29:02 »
Hi, this thread maybe belongs in the Research section at this point.

I agree! And fantastic explanation and photographs, Tiermann!

Here is one final photo to show you a unique rein type for the type 3 horses. it is dagged fabric covered and looks great for Medieval era settings. Sadly only in weird colors so far. They really need to do it in browns, silver and gold as well.

I need to find some of those now. ;)
~Pynedor~

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2023, 09:04:54 »
A masterful summary, thanks Tiermann! I will move this topic to the Research board now.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2023, 13:04:49 »
Thank you so much Tiermann! :wow:

I was convinced there were more types for the newer horsies :o  (for some reason)

Most of the same types have been made for each with the type 3 even including a side saddle, not ever seen in the older styles

:o  I had no idea. Need to see it - probably as ridiculous in klicky form as in our world?

Offline rexalan

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2023, 02:33:07 »
That was a very well done presentation!
And it definitely answered my questions.
Thank you so much.

So, it is settled.
Only second generation horses, bridles, reins and saddles.

Thank you again.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2023, 02:03:25 »
:o  I had no idea. Need to see it - probably as ridiculous in klicky form as in our world?

The light turquoise saddle in the type 3 saddle group photo is the side saddle. It's a cool idea but suffers from the usual issues of sitting klickies. The legs stick straight out and so look odd.