Author Topic: Playmobil 71604 50th Anniversary Knight  (Read 1470 times)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
Re: Playmobil 71604 50th Anniversary Knight
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2024, 08:01:39 »
What's the set number?
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2024, 10:43:01 »
What's the set number?

I believe they're referring to The Village People set  :lol: :lol:

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2024, 13:32:11 »
 :lol:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2024, 15:34:46 »
The construction worker in the Village People set has a gold helmet. It really wouldnt be a stretch for them to do a gold set of the original klickies. There was that gold street performer recently too.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2024, 00:18:55 »
Their chrome is good and an original set in chrome could then be repurposed as museum knights or just do a complete early era chrome knight.

That gold street performer is a great set, they could probably do with a [something's] Got Talent type set with a panel of judges and Xs that light up and make a noise. Of course they could also do a bell for the tower but no one would buy that obviously so grumble grumble grumble...

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2024, 08:48:39 »
...bell for the tower...

I'm sure the tower bell 30801440 in 3445 is the same as the bell in the red, blue and orange Circuses, 3553, 3510 and 3194x respectively, which may be easier to find. But I expect you knew that!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2024, 02:15:56 »
I'm sure the tower bell 30801440 in 3445 is the same as the bell in the red, blue and orange Circuses, 3553, 3510 and 3194x respectively, which may be easier to find. But I expect you knew that!
I did thanks but if I was going for something similar then I'd just make something out of light wood. I almost bought a blue circus several years ago to get that bit and the two open steck walls it comes with but didn't.
No I mean if they're going to pump for nostalgia value and more high end collectables like vehicles with chromed parts then they could easily do that piece again given they've already re-released the debtor's tower (sans bell) twice now.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2024, 12:53:59 »
I did thanks but if I was going for something similar then I'd just make something out of light wood. I almost bought a blue circus several years ago to get that bit and the two open steck walls it comes with but didn't.
No I mean if they're going to pump for nostalgia value and more high end collectables like vehicles with chromed parts then they could easily do that piece again given they've already re-released the debtor's tower (sans bell) twice now.

Are those open steck walls different sizes to the standard ones?

On the one hand, I would expect a bell like that to be incredibly cheap to manufacture, but on the other hand I think the difference it would make to sales to be minimal.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2024, 17:41:49 »

No, just blue. Same as this part.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 17:47:57 by GrahamB »
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2024, 23:56:22 »

On the one hand, I would expect a bell like that to be incredibly cheap to manufacture, but on the other hand I think the difference it would make to sales to be minimal.
Possibly but I think a nuremberg knights set would sell more than the classic police car they're currently offering.