Author Topic: "New 5135 Pirates' Ship": hull & decks review and comparison with 3940/3286  (Read 12764 times)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Now let's screw the 5135's upperdeck with the "cargodeck" inside to the ship's hull, and when that is done, have a look on the cargohold and the ship's cabin.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
Here I put a white matras from a 3940 on the 5135's bed, to hide that one's (ugly) brown-moulded-matras...

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
Then, the 5135's stickers for on the ship's sides and the stern.

On pics seen on the internet, on Playmo's website and on the 5135's box as well, the stickers look nice darkred. But in reality, they tend more towards a redpink kind of colour, especially in certain lighting conditions (f.e. full broad daylight shining into the house)...

Also, when compared with the 3940/3286's blue sidestickers and deepred heck-sticker, the 5135's stickers are made of much thinner material.

You can put them on or leave them off.
On one 5135 that I've changed into an English navy frigate, I put them on combined with a 3940/3286's gold-coloured bow-ornament. On another 5135 that I equipped as a pirate-ship and on which I kept the 5135's red bow-ornament, I left them off.

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
Pics of the stickers applied on the ship...

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
Here are the red "thingies" that come with the 5135-ship:

The anchor-wheel and the ship's stearing-wheel ("helm") and the bow-ornament (where the bowsprite holding the bowsail is to be installed on) are in a darkred colour, much like the colour of the 3940/3286-ship's upperdeck. (so darker red then the stickers!)

A 3940/3286-ship equipped with this red bow-ornament, instead of it's original golden one, looks also rather good. (I forgot to take a pic of that...).

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
The cabin's windows come in a dark-yellow (gold on the 3940/3286)...

They look quite nice on the 5135 imho. If you don't like the yellow, you can install instead the golden ones from the 3940.
But the yellow ones give more colour-distinction with the ship's midbrown deck and so accentuate more the ship's stern. (historically, ships from the 16th/17th/18th-centuries had colourfull sterns).

Also, the yellow windows compensate for the darkred bow-piece (especially when you don't apply the ship's stickers).

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
Here is the final picture of this (partly) 5135-review:
the complete hull, cargodeck and upperdeck with parts and stickers installed.

Sorry again for not having pics of the masts & sails and klickies & accessories!  :-[

I can happily provide this info though about masts & sails:
The masts and bowsprite are in a very darkbrown colour, the spars to put the sails on come in black. The sails are a little thinner in fabric as the ones from the 3940/3286, they are printed on the front and on the back.

The sail with the skull on: when not having a 2nd one without skull on hand and wanting a ship without skull-sails, you could put on the skull-sail backwards on the aft-mast as a makeshift-solution since the skull is only printed on the front; it doesn't shine through when the sail is installed with the skull towards the ship's stern.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Thanks so much for the very thorough review of.... part of the ship. ;D I'm very happy with the colors of this ship! No bright primary colors, except maybe the stickers. Can't wait to get my hands on it!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
All in all I think it's pretty nice. Thanks for the review!
Cheers!
Luciano