Author Topic: 4081 Safari Set  (Read 10038 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: 4081 Safari Set
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 15:47:11 »
I had sent Heather the set info and she has it up at PlaymoDB http://www.playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showinv.pl?setnum=4081
My recommendation would be to order the unique jeep parts from German DS  through a friend in Germany and then either convert a common safari jeep or get the rest of the parts from DS Canada.

Offline Outback

• The Original Playmo Jeep Guy!
  • Playmo Fanatic
  • Everything Playmobil Jeep!
    • Jeepmobil is being revamped - but there's Jeeps here!
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 16:24:36 »
Is this set no longer available then? Sorry, I'm out of date with things. When did it come out?

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 18:16:53 »
It was an exclusive to a German store chain last fall. The box is pretty big too, so finding one in Europe and getting it shipped could be costly.
It's a great jeep so I hope it shows up again in a regular set or a Target one at least.

Offline Outback

• The Original Playmo Jeep Guy!
  • Playmo Fanatic
  • Everything Playmobil Jeep!
    • Jeepmobil is being revamped - but there's Jeeps here!
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 18:29:37 »
Guess I'll have to follow your plan then with Euro DS and have someone ship the parts to me. That or eBay the thing. I just really need the Jeep and immediately what goes with it. The rest is not that important to me.

Thanks Tim

Offline playmogirl

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2007, 01:50:02 »
Tim, do you have any idea if this set is still available? Or at least the baby zebra and the jeep?  Is there no chance of getting these through US DS? I really need some baby zebras.

Thanks, Anne

Offline D2

• x
  • Playmo Fanatic
  • I come from Uchronys...
    • Uchronys
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2007, 12:35:38 »

I love the man in center, he looks realy like hardbitten adventurer, in french we say he's a "baroudeur".

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2007, 18:10:47 »
At this point there is zero chance of getting them through US DS. It was only released in Germany, so they never would have sent any parts over here. If you have a German contact they may be able to still order them from German DS. I strongly suspect that the baby zebra will show up in either this years or next years German add-ons catalog. Animal families in the add-ons sell well. We will know about this year's German add-on catalog some time in the next 6 weeks or so.

Offline playmogirl

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2007, 23:01:29 »
Thanks Tim. I placed my very first parts order yesterday, and did request that baby zebra but as you said, not available. Can't wait for the new German add ons catalog, I'll be watching for it!

Anne