Author Topic: 4225 Doctor and incubator  (Read 4284 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
4225 Doctor and incubator
« on: April 07, 2007, 19:27:40 »
I was so pleased with the ambulance - review here:http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=1279.0 - and the new medical helicopter (review shortly) that I have also bought the doctor and incubator and the wheelchair and patient (review to follow).  So here's a review of the doctor and incubator.

The incubator has collapsible legs, an opening clear plastic top, a removable mattress and grips at each end for manoeuvring the unit.  Quite which is the correct way for the mattress to go in is open to question as the box shows it one way and the instructions the other.  I decided that the box seemed the correct way, with the baby's head towards the main monitoring panel.

The top lifts up for access, and there are also two holes for access in the side panel when the top is down.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 19:34:37 by playmofire »
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: 4225 Doctor and incubator
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 19:33:25 »
At one end there is a monitor screen giving a read out of vital signs, and at the other two dials, one with a red danger area marked.

Two figures come with the unit - a baby and a doctor.  The doctor is equipped with a carry case with medical equipment in.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 19:40:11 »
Here's the case.

The incubator can also be loaded in the new ambulance in place of the ambulance stretcher, and in the new helicopter.

Overall, a pleasing item in the new medical range.  The interchangeability between the stretchers in the ambulance and helicopter is a nice touch which adds to the photo-story value and play value of the item.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 11:46:54 »
I was impressed by this set the first time I saw it, but even more so now you have shown it in detail.

Looks like a lot of thought has gone into the design, just as it does with most anything Playmobil produce. 8-)

Thanks for the review and pics, Gordon. :)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 04:28:19 »
That's one of the things I love the most about Playmo, the way they make things in standard sizes so they can be combined. Thanks for the review Gordon.

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 09:08:07 »
As allways a very thorough and detailed review. I am very impressed with this little addition to the medical theme. Infact i have been planning a special project for some time now and i think this will come in very handy. Thank you very much for taking the time to put this review together for us Gordon  :wave:

Kindest Regards  Tim

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 13:58:12 »

Great review, Gordon ...

It brought back some old memories of the births of our two daughters ... :)

All the best,
Richard

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 15:27:47 »
Thank you for your comments folks, they're much appreciated. It's fun doing the reviews, and good that others enjoy them too.