Author Topic: "Playmobil Pro"  (Read 10558 times)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Re: "Playmobil Pro"
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2019, 19:42:06 »
*Without the local VAT!!! So, for Belgium it would be 603,79 euro!!!

:omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:

8} 8} 8} 8} 8} 8}

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Well, I now immediately wonder for how much it will be sold as a collectors´item on evilbay...
2500 euro, anyone? Come on, that´s a bargain!  :loco:

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2019, 22:26:54 »
Those tend to be permanent - well, without alcool or something..

I think that's what she meant.

Overhead projector pens (ohp) are for writing on transparent slides during a talk. You can wipe the marks off later.

You can of course use permanent marker pens to make transparent slides and that ink doesn't come off.

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2019, 05:32:06 »
Those tend to be permanent - well, without alcool or something..

That HARD ROCK vest (and every other drawering on that klicky) seen on the xmasy dio 2015 was made with those pens.. sometime in the 90s, I believe. And the guy was bagged and boxed with everyone else..

(link to the page in the dio - it's the last pic)

Maybe these are more like the dry boards and pens?

The pens we used wipe off with water (generally teachers use a damp paper towel), so if we knew whether the included wipes are wet or dry, that should tell us which genre of pen is included. I think wet erase pens would be more suitable for "pro klicky" use because dry erase pens smudge too easily when you touch the writing, so you'd lose your labeling once someone stuck their big thumb on it. I'm betting the klicky plastic is the usual stuff, in white.

I think they should have made the whole set white and included a set of pens in different colors, so people could go to town "customizing" as they see fit. For the price, I'd certainly expect pens in colors other than just black.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2019, 15:52:39 »
The pens we used wipe off with water (generally teachers use a damp paper towel), so if we knew whether the included wipes are wet or dry, that should tell us which genre of pen is included.

Ah, sorry, I am not familiar with those... The markers I always saw used with those are the "permanent markers"..

I think they should have made the whole set white and included a set of pens in different colors, so people could go to town "customizing" as they see fit. For the price, I'd certainly expect pens in colors other than just black.

Agree.  Again.. who thinks of these?

I would LOVE to know how much they sell. And who actually buys it. I mean, if it's crazy RICH collectors (if I had the cash, I'd buy me a couple  :P ) or actually "companies" - and the this case, I would LOVE to know WHY too. What for, I mean.  ???

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2019, 07:18:16 »
I associate wet erase pens with teachers; I don't think most professions have a use for them normally. I remember making lessons on several transparency sheets, using them for each class (with a damp paper towel to erase the fill-in-the-blank answers), and then washing them to reuse for the next lesson (because there wouldn't be enough for the semester if fresh ones were used each week). Computer projectors are so much easier (when they want to cooperate with your computer, of course). I'm surprised wet erase pens still exist, but I googled and they do, so there must be another use for them.

I would LOVE to know how much they sell. And who actually buys it. I mean, if it's crazy RICH collectors (if I had the cash, I'd buy me a couple  :P ) or actually "companies" - and the this case, I would LOVE to know WHY too. What for, I mean.  ???

That's a very good question. Given the overall composition of the set (like there's a jester's hat but no shorter hair options for women), I'm not entirely sure that Playmobil knows the answer either. It's less versatile and more hodge-podge.

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2019, 07:32:01 »
Just keep an eye on their website and in one year they probably sell them for the half of the current price. Fingers crossed...
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2019, 19:28:46 »
That's a very good question. Given the overall composition of the set (like there's a jester's hat but no shorter hair options for women), I'm not entirely sure that Playmobil knows the answer either. It's less versatile and more hodge-podge.

Yes... kinda messy, right?

I have NO IDEA what's it for (except parts for us!  :P )
Just keep an eye on their website and in one year they probably sell them for the half of the current price. Fingers crossed...

Even half would be too much.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2020, 17:08:19 »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/magazine/2019/12/23/vikings-pirates-knights-inside-playmobils-plan-reshape-your-workplace/?arc404=true

Lengthy Washington Post article on this, and it's use.

For those of us who baulked at the price, the Lego equivalent is $800.

Side topic - at least they seem to get that adukts are a potential market (strange that they mentioned licencing but not that they have started doing it)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2020, 20:25:14 »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/magazine/2019/12/23/vikings-pirates-knights-inside-playmobils-plan-reshape-your-workplace/?arc404=true

Lengthy Washington Post article on this, and it's use.

Thanks for posting. After reading that, my opinion stands. It's great, to play with. USEFUL for work? I can't see it. At all. Same as the others. A great excuse to pretend to be doing something useful while in fact playing with playmobil/lego..

I still want those white kids/babies (and adults)

Side topic - at least they seem to get that adukts are a potential market (strange that they mentioned licencing but not that they have started doing it)

I noticed that too.... Considering how playmobil treated the collectors, they probably spoke with someone as disconnected from the "actual bosses" as the pcc seemed to be at times. :'(

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2020, 04:25:48 »
"A corporate trainer, called a certified Lego Serious Play facilitator, brings a pile of Lego into a conference room and guides a team of employees through building exercises meant to spur new ideas"

Wait, so you can get certified in teaching people to play with lego now?
I think the corporate world has run out of ideas.