Author Topic: Insane ebay prices for Victorian sets  (Read 5540 times)

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
Re: Insane ebay prices for Victorian sets
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 14:46:50 »
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 15:48:59 »
I still say something's wrong with these auctions! The prices for these items are climbing to astronomical levels only from this seller, & they are not what I consider unopened MIB perfect! Even the boxes are in rough condition, not MINT without price tags, shelf wear, etc. :hmm:! Does anyone know if their auctions are for a charity or benefit reason causing such extreme sell prices :o??
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Amd

• Amdnrao
  • Playmo Lover
  • back to middle earth
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2009, 17:04:31 »
I still say something's wrong with these auctions! The prices for these items are climbing to astronomical levels only from this seller, & they are not what I consider unopened MIB perfect! Even the boxes are in rough condition, not MINT without price tags, shelf wear, etc. :hmm:! Does anyone know if their auctions are for a charity or benefit reason causing such extreme sell prices :o??

yeah, that my though as well, you know, maybe some kind of charity, church or something, people helping other with the auctions, but the seller doesn't tells anything, and that's weird...

maybe is a good bite to make some people sell some of his stuff and buy it at cheap price... I'm following a few similar auctions to see the final price and if all this misunderstandings and confusion brings something good to me  :yup:

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2009, 17:19:43 »
. . . Indianna, Bill, and all my US Playmofriends, if you would like me to purchase an item for you in the UK and send it to you to the US, I will be more than happy to do so. . .

Thank you for your very generous offer, Karim!  Speaking for myself, though, I am currently trying to reduce my quantity of Playmobil rather than add to it, so I don't think that I shall be taking advantage of your kindness.   :)
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Amd

• Amdnrao
  • Playmo Lover
  • back to middle earth
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2009, 18:02:58 »
in december i meke my mind to get rid of my victorian and western themes, and i sold complete victorian houses, trucks, pianos, windmills, wester soldiers, houses and actually i didint make the money that i was expecting to do...

now looking at this auctions i fell chritsmas wasnt a good time to sell a good price at all...

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2009, 19:36:10 »
Hi Indianna  :wave:

USD 350.00 for the nursery set !!! Makes you wonder if Ebay should introduce a law for bidding under the influence of a "substance"...

I would understand one of these elusive Victorian Fire Truck or Postal Truck - which I missed 2 years ago when someone offered it to me for 35.00 pounds which was a steal when I have never ever seen it again.

And I would not pay 210.00 pounds for a fence as I think that this is ridiculous...

It is important to keep a sense of the reality so that it remains a pleasurable hobby.

Karim :wave:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.