Author Topic: playmoebius now selling whole cathedrals  (Read 6055 times)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
Re: playmoebius now selling whole cathedrals
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2017, 20:13:14 »
I ordered some bits from them a couple of weeks ago (still waiting) and now I see they've just added this:

I was thinking they (I) needed something like this, maybe I will, maybe I wont at some point.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2017, 20:30:02 »
Looks great :)  Just saw it on THAT site too..

Offline Mr Raven

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2017, 07:33:50 »
Review sites like amazon.

I did a little googling for amazon reviews for playmobil and the only suitable review for a big system X set was the princess castle. There are 30 positive reviews and 11 negative reviews with only one review that had more then one line. Most complaints were about the time it takes to build. Yes, it's a large set and yes it can take 3 hours to build. When you don't read reviews in where it says it takes that long, and you hate spending time building playmobil, then read the reviews first! That one complaint about parts keep falling of is not the fault of Playmobil, but of the people who build it. System X is very solid and parts don't just fall of, in fact, once assembled it's sometimes hard to take apart!

So there's not a lot of people complaining about system X and when people complain about it falling apart they never build it properly.
When thinking outside the box you make the greatest things happen.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2017, 11:43:27 »
I think there is ancedotal evidence that the biggest System X sets were very slow to construct - I think the space station was notorious? But then equally I just bought a 3666 which came with the instructions that had been ripped up because 'My Dad was so frustrated with putting it together that he ripped them up when he finished building it'. I think it's just the nature of bigger sets.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2017, 13:23:06 »
I think there is ancedotal evidence that the biggest System X sets were very slow to construct - I think the space station was notorious? But then equally I just bought a 3666 which came with the instructions that had been ripped up because 'My Dad was so frustrated with putting it together that he ripped them up when he finished building it'. I think it's just the nature of bigger sets.

The big space station has like 300 hundred of those stupid little connectors. If anyone ever thought those are fun.. well....

The difference with Steck is that anyone can probably assemble a building with no instructions. Oh, and it's fun.

("dad" probably wasn't very.. normal. I mean, ripping the instructions when you had a hard time at it makes PERFECT sense, right!? )

Of course it will take time. And of course the more parts it has, the longer it takes. Duh, right?

If people don't wanna spend a couple of hours with their kid anyways...  why have one in the first place?!  ???

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2017, 17:39:55 »
I don't have a dog in this race (I don't do buildings really) but just from what I've seen Steck seems to fit more naturally with the PM concept - it's like a natural extension of swapping hats or hairs, or fitting tools into klicky hands. System X seems like a weird addition.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2017, 11:19:30 »
With steck I always found it fun to build, even if it took hours. I remember the first time I put my 5300 mansion together, I had a blast. I think I was 10 yeras old at the time, and I was on my own.

System-X: no way! Actually I do think system-X buildings fall apart easily. It happens when you need to move a building in one piece.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2017, 13:44:50 »
The madness continues, now a larger one is available.

http://www.playmoebius.com/en/inicio/167-catedral-notre-dame.html

They're only making two and neither will provide reward points which seems a bit silly for such a large item.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 00:56:46 by Klickteryx »

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2017, 13:58:06 »
Holy cow that's awesome!
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline SKlick

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2017, 00:27:41 »
I think they should bring steck back into the main line. A lot of parents complain about how difficult it is to put sys-X together and how it falls apart too easily. The solution thus far is to produce playsets with large single purpose pieces. Steck never had those problems. It didn't require tools or tiny connectors, just tabs and slots.
Couldn't agree more.

Also, the only modern "building" that I own is the little Cafe and it's taking up way too much space.