Author Topic: playmoebius now selling whole cathedrals  (Read 6024 times)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
playmoebius now selling whole cathedrals
« on: March 06, 2017, 22:23:14 »
For a little under 1000€ you can buy a complete cathedral.

Nice pictures, particularly of the flying buttresses and the inside pillars.

http://www.playmoebius.com/en/inicio/140-catedral-n1.html

Not sure how the value stacks up with buying the pieces separately but the price would compare well to actual playmobil given the amount of building parts.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: playmoebius now selling whole cathedrals
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 00:34:05 »
It's a great looking building.
I wonder though when you reach the point where there are so many custom parts that it stops being really Playmobil and becomes another product entirely? Based on Steck system obviously, but for me edging into not really Playmo territory.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 01:18:51 »
It's not playmobil, it's playmobil compatible. It's what geobra could make if they wanted to.

I think they should bring steck back into the main line. A lot of parents complain about how difficult it is to put sys-X together and how it falls apart too easily. The solution thus far is to produce playsets with large single purpose pieces. Steck never had those problems. It didn't require tools or tiny connectors, just tabs and slots.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 01:48:35 »
awesome

It should be possible to build an entire medieval town in Playmobil. That should be a guiding principle of the company.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 08:50:03 »
:o

I've seen pics of that, but had no idea it's for sale. I don't like cathedrals, but it does look amazing.

I didn't really try his steck parts yet...

I would LOVE to get the many sided tower, and the large round one, for example, but it would be very expensive, cause you'd need at LEAST two (more likely three) floors, right? And it adds up.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 20:05:56 »
:o

I've seen pics of that, but had no idea it's for sale. I don't like cathedrals, but it does look amazing.

I didn't really try his steck parts yet...

I would LOVE to get the many sided tower, and the large round one, for example, but it would be very expensive, cause you'd need at LEAST two (more likely three) floors, right? And it adds up.
You haven't used the parts you got last year(?) then? I recall you doing a review of several pieces.

Yes, the large round tower would need to be at least three sections high to look right, otherwise it would look more like a water tower/reservoir. Plus you need modelling skills to fix up many of the pieces to get them to sit right.
The cathedral has been around for awhile or at least something that looks like it, but I think it's only recently been available to purchase as a complete unit. I also think the original person may not be involved anymore, I thought someone else had taken over but maybe I misread that.
I'd like the cathedral but don't have the space for it, or the money really.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 21:56:20 »
You haven't used the parts you got last year(?) then? I recall you doing a review of several pieces.

I did a test on the first batch, hardly a review...  :P   I didn't use them as in a proper building.

Yes, the large round tower would need to be at least three sections high to look right, otherwise it would look more like a water tower/reservoir. Plus you need modelling skills to fix up many of the pieces to get them to sit right.
The cathedral has been around for awhile or at least something that looks like it, but I think it's only recently been available to purchase as a complete unit. I also think the original person may not be involved anymore, I thought someone else had taken over but maybe I misread that.

I don't know about a change in "owner".. You may be right, at least half the owners...

I didn't get any more parts after that second batch. Cost puts me off - like you said, it would have to be some floors worth and that gets way expensive.

Offline Mr Raven

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2017, 05:48:10 »
A lot of parents complain about how difficult it is to put sys-X together and how it falls apart too easily.

Where do you get that information from?
When thinking outside the box you make the greatest things happen.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2017, 10:06:49 »
Where do you get that information from?
Review sites like amazon.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2017, 19:41:33 »
Holy cow, that thing looks amazing!  :o  :o  :o

And it's still pretty much in tune with normal Playmobil, imo. But I'm the kind of person that would use anything if it was the correct scale and if it looked right.

If I had too much money and too much time, I'd need this for my medieval city  8-)