Author Topic: 4877 Secret Agent Detection Jet  (Read 9414 times)

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
Re: 4877 Secret Agent Detection Jet
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2011, 04:57:46 »
Great Review!

These sets just arrived at my local Learning Palace store today, and I got at least one of everything except the spy camera, and two of this set and Dr. Evil's lab. The tiny droids are fun, and I wish they'd done more types. Oddly no sign of these at TRU yet.

I too hadn't noticed the white figure was a girl, I gues I would have when I get round to opening it.

Note that the age range is 7-12, not 4-10 as with most Playmobil sets, presumably because of the electronic parts. 

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2011, 07:34:04 »
Am I the only one who thinks it's moronic to put an upper age limit on the box? The lower is useful, if you're buying for kids (yeah, right!), but the upper...

Sometimes I think they don't like money.

I hadn't noticed the woman either.. Now I want it, for her and the Dark Scorpion..

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2011, 13:25:41 »
Yes, an upper limit is silly. It makes older kids who might otherwise want the set feel funny about it, like maybe they're just being too childish.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2011, 16:55:32 »
shall i wrap it for a present sir?
No thank you,its for me ;D

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2011, 16:57:09 »
 :lol: Yeah, we're all old enough not to care if we're childish. :P
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2011, 17:10:06 »
last saturday I bought three western sets (wagon, stagecoach and bank) and then 2 mugs for my friend's twins. The clerk asked me if they were presents and as I asked her only to wrap the mugs. she looked at me and said "Are these early Xmas presents for the kids?"... mmm surprised at the weird question I said Nop... those are for me.   :lol: She looked at her co-woreker sideways and said cheerfully ok!... (but she looked as if she was thinking I was a criminal or something)  it was so funny!  :lol:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2011, 18:32:36 »
shall i wrap it for a present sir?
No thank you,its for me ;D
Yep, that's my answer too. It just annoys me. ESPECIALLY since they assume it's for a boy (another moronic thing)

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2011, 10:43:50 »
Nice review! This set looks like it has a lot of potential...if they can increase the range of the metal detector and make the arms and helmet fit tighter.

PM has to bring out new products for the kids if they are to stay in business, and this appears to be popular with kids as well. Glad you like them, Pgal :wave:
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!