Author Topic: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St  (Read 199505 times)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
Re: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St
« Reply #2590 on: October 05, 2022, 08:17:05 »
Good morning dear Friends  :wave:

I hope that you are all well.

Creating an autumn decor is one of my favourite hobby as per its warm colours and cosy feel which are in advance this year on the set of New Regent St as my little community on the banks of the Thames is slowly changing into  autumn colours.

I invite to discover a littel teaser of the autumn delights still to come with two garlands for the entrance of my mini Harrods, three garlands for the entrance of the Automne Patisserie wfeaturing small pumpkins, toffee apples and slices of pumpkin pie created with my friend Beate and signs and mini bags created with my friend Rebecca  :love:

Karim :gent:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2591 on: October 05, 2022, 11:22:47 »
Always ahead of her time, Post Mistress Extraordinaire Dorcas Lane was also the proud owner of the first automobile of the County, her "one weakness" as she often said  :love:

La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2592 on: October 12, 2022, 09:40:23 »
The Gilded Age

I would like to present with the autumn decor of my mini Harrods London, a few of the main characters of my favourite TV show The Gilded Age. The Gilded Age is set in New York City in the late 19th century and the story is about the fight between to new emerging fortunes amongst those that of Mr George Russell with his railway empire and the old established families of the city with their strict codes and rules. Just like his contemporary new millionaires such as the Rockfellers or Vanderbilts, Mr Russell is a palatial home on 5th avenue led by his ambitious wife Bertha Russell who dreams of conquering New York but all the doors of the established high society such as the mighty Astors remain closed to her. The key to the very exclusive and private high society is hold by Mrs Caroline Astor who reigns supreme over New York and Bertha Russell will try everything in order to finally be part of it...

The story starts with the arrival of a young woman from Pennsylvania, Marian Brook, penniless after the death of her father and forced to live with her haughty, strict and snob aunt Agnes van Rhijn. And it is through her eyes and adventures that we meet the main characters of the serie amongst those the talented Peggy Scott, a young woman of colour who will first work as Mrs van Rhijn as a private secretary and then will go one publishing her own stories and articles in the local newspaper.

I am totally hooked on that fascinating serie and just finished watching season 1 and cannot wait for season 2  :love:

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2593 on: October 12, 2022, 09:43:26 »
Marian Brook

« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 10:17:48 by playmovictorian »

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2594 on: October 12, 2022, 10:19:38 »
The imperious and very ambitious Mrs Bertha Russell

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2595 on: October 12, 2022, 11:11:16 »
Marian Brook & Peggy Scott

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2596 on: October 12, 2022, 11:16:43 »
Mrs Bertha Russell & Mrs Caroline Astor

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2597 on: October 13, 2022, 09:57:08 »
Gladys Russell

Here are the last pictures celebrating the mighty Gilded Age season one which ends with the presentation of Gladys, daughter of Bertha and George Russell at the glittering Ball of the Debutantes.

I thank you for following this little episode and will see you next week for the autumn decoration of Mrs Applepie's Patisserie  :wave:

Wishing you a nice week-end  8-)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2598 on: October 17, 2022, 15:52:40 »
Welcome to Mrs Applepie's Autumn Patisserie !

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2599 on: October 21, 2022, 07:42:34 »
Happy Autumn dear Friends !