Author Topic: New licenced theme: ASTERIX, from 2022  (Read 19979 times)

Offline PlaymoGuardian

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: New licenced theme: ASTERIX, from 2022
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2021, 00:02:42 »
Wow this could be amazing. I mean, a theme with figures from Ancient Rome and the warriors of Gaul. I’m not at all familiar with the comic book this will all be based on, but at first chance the comic book seems very cartoonish (I’m sure that makes sense for a comic book). Hopefully the figures won’t be too cartoonish right?! I felt that some of the figures from the “how to train your dragon” series were a little cartoonish…please create these soldiers as something I can utilize!

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2021, 01:42:19 »
I didn’t know he had a different name in English   ???

Neither did I.  :o  I guess I've never read an English translation.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2021, 20:55:31 »
The klickies (and acessories) surely will be very interesting, but with regard to buildings I first want to see what they come up with before getting really excited...

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2021, 17:08:37 »
The klickies (and acessories) surely will be very interesting, but with regard to buildings I first want to see what they come up with before getting really excited...

Agree. Assuming they don't mess up the klickys. Hopefully at least the romans will be normal..

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2021, 23:08:36 »
I've always thought 7923 and the left two figures in 7924 were designed to allude to the chief of Asterix's village, Asterix, and Obelix respectively. Maybe they are a clue as to how the new theme will look.

"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2021, 23:54:12 »
I've always thought [...] the left two figures in 7924 were designed to allude to [...] Asterix, and Obelix respectively.

I thought the same, at least for the middle (fat) figure: the red hair and striped trousers are very evocative! It would need shoes instead of boots, though, to make the perfect match.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2021, 10:33:16 »

I'm interested in what, if any, buildings they do, mostly because I don't think any of them are more central than the others.

Perhaps, in order;

The Roman Fort (I'd suspect it would be minimal, so maybe the gatehouse and some walls/towers and a couple of tents)
Asterix's House - is very similar to the A-Frame holiday houses they've made
Cacofonix's house -  a minor character but he has the most fun house

I wonder if they would make the pirates? I know they're supporting characters but recurring, and they always like a boat.

I'd like to see the big round table for the feasts at the end, and I guess we'll see roasted wild boars. The wild boars in the books are grey, which I think will be new

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2021, 13:45:05 »
I'm not a die-hard Asterix fan, but I read many of the comics as a kid, so I'm pretty hyped for this theme – a lot of great figures could come out of it.

Offline Basie10

• It's ok :)
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2021, 02:56:54 »
By Jupiter, this is great news!! I love Asterix. I had the action figures that came out in the 80s...they were ok but not brilliant. Playmobil will hopefully do a much better job.

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2021, 22:06:12 »
... I wonder if they would make the pirates? I know they're supporting characters but recurring, and they always like a boat. ...

Now that would be fun; specially since they were a parody on another comic series: Redbeard the Pirate.

... and then dusk came and brought despair.