Author Topic: Playmobil Parkeisenbahn  (Read 1952 times)

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
Playmobil Parkeisenbahn
« on: April 28, 2019, 13:58:05 »
Playmobil Parkeisenbahn.

I'm not sure if this falls under Playmobil, or under garden railways (depending on your perspective), but the inspiration for a park railway line I got during the 175th anniversary of the railways in the Netherlands in Amersfoort. One of the attractions on the party grounds was a train on which children, but also adults of course, can ride. Many of these trains run around the world, most of the time they are transported by truck from one party area to another.

In Amersfoort this little train was the source of inspiration for making a model like this.

Well, that idea remained in my mind for a while, but because I didn't know how to recreate it, the idea disappeared again. Until Märklin introduced wagon 44734 and I was introduced to 3D-printing around the same time. Märklin 44734 forms a nice basis to make a construction with Lego bricks, and on the website of Thingiverse I found a design of a Playmobil chair that fits on Lego Duplo blocks. And Lego Duplo fits back on normal Lego...
When you combine all this, you can build a wagon on which Playmobil dolls can take place…

The building plan, the railway wagon is simply put together.

So much so for the theory, the practice proved to be more persistent. My cousin has a 3D-printer, and with his help the seat was printed. On Lego Duplo bricks the chair fits perfectly, but not on normal Lego. That's strange, Lego Duplo has to fit on normal Lego bricks. Unfortunately the design of the Playmobil chair for Lego Duplo bricks turned out to be a mistake. The studs on the inside of the stone should be about 1.7 mm lower than the edge of the Lego Duplo bricks, to make them fit on the normal Lego bricks. And the original designer had overlooked that. The chair also turned out to be a bit too small, but because the margins at Lego Duplo are larger, this was no problem in the original design.
My cousin, who was looking for a challenge for his 3D printer, really had something to find out. He adapted the design, made a test in cheap black plastic and it fitted perfectly. The final design was made in yellow plastic, which fits wonderfully well with the yellow Lego bricks.

The complete train. The locomotive comes from a starter set of Märklin. Looks like the new owners and passengers have a lot of fun with it.

Some mood shots.

Finally: All thanks to my cousin Edwin, without his knowledge and skills I would not have been able to complete this project.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Playmobil Parkeisenbahn
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 14:23:40 »
A very clever idea, Marco, and well done.  Your cousin and his printer must be very useful.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 14:25:37 »
That's awesome!

3d printing sure opens a world of possibilities - for the talented ones, anyways.. ;)

(I suggest that klicky goes to the doc, asap - he has metal ring in his skull!! :o )

A very clever idea, Marco, and well done.  Your cousin and his printer must be very useful.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
(but very VERY true - I wish I had such a cousin!)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 14:43:25 »
Simple but effective! Well, not so simple to realise. :-[
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 10:49:56 »
By request:

With Märklin wagon 44107 you can also use this in combination with Märklin My World, you than have a remote control train. Meanwhile there are also single unit locomotives with remote control in the collection of Märklin My World.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 17:17:57 »
Great looking project! Very nicely done!

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 08:40:40 »

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2019, 12:32:34 »
Looks just like the real thing!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”