Author Topic: 5203 and 5204 Fi?ures now at Toys R Us in the USA!  (Read 24360 times)

Offline Jay

• Playmo Addict
Re: 5203 and 5204 Fi?ures now at Toys R Us in the USA!
« Reply #100 on: November 25, 2011, 22:31:22 »
Have you tried returning the defective ones to where you bought them?

I would, and I know they would take it. The problem is they'd probably just say go grab another bag. However, if they were to be nice enough to pen up some bags looking for them I could grab a few more I wanted. Win-win both ways, but I don't think they'll go with it. It's a last resort to try that.

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #101 on: November 25, 2011, 23:50:47 »
I would, and I know they would take it. The problem is they'd probably just say go grab another bag. However, if they were to be nice enough to pen up some bags looking for them I could grab a few more I wanted. Win-win both ways, but I don't think they'll go with it. It's a last resort to try that.
Tell them u want exactly the one with defective parts and I bet they will allow you at least feeling them slowly and openly......an excuse to calmly identifying more! Only after the peak shopping days of course

And guys....I got my witch and probably all I want, except the guitarist. Environment really does play a major role in ur feelibility.

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #102 on: November 26, 2011, 09:14:57 »
went back to TRU today hoping to see some awesome deals on PM.  Unless I missed it, I didn't see anything still on sale (it was still BlackFriday).  I actually went at 9pm on ThanksGiving, but didn't stay because the line WENT OUTSIDE ALL AROUND THE ENTIRE BLOCK!!!!  And it was cold, wet, raining, and dark outside, so I was like "HECK NO".

When I came back today there was still plenty of PM on the shelves, minus the one-masted dragon ship.  I felt up some more grab bags and successfully got the female singer and the male guitar rock star along with the Mummy.  There were no witches to be found (as far as i could feel through the bags anyway).  I did find the female Robyn Hood and the female Skier, but I passed.  (also, why does the female skier come with ski-poles, but NO SKIS??!?!?!  Oh yeah, and I also found the runner guy and the cook, but I also ask why does the cook have NO SHOES?  Just Like Zorro has no horse.

I'm very happy with the female singer and the male guitar rock star.  They compliment each other well, both having bare arms showing tatoos, wearing black rock star clothes and black hair doos.  I wish they had come with glasses though.  The female singer comes with stick-on bejewelled stickers, but I'm not sure where I'll apply them on her just yet.

Oh, and the Mummy:  kinda weird, he has a ghost face, but his hands and feet are brown-skin tonned ALIVE skin (instead of bones or ghost skin).  And even though he's already wrapped in mummy bandages (printed directly on his body), he comes with additional "bandages" that look more like a LEG CAST and an ARM CAST.  Even his head bandages look like a HEAD BANDAGE cast(?).  Those would be awesome parts to use on a medical patient who has sustained a broken arm, broken leg, and cranial trauma wounds to the skull.  So he looks more like an INJURED mummy, lol.  But he still looks cool anyway, especially too with his white mummified walking stick in hand.  Still, weird combo of parts and paint.
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #103 on: November 26, 2011, 09:42:49 »
to blackpearl.....how did u identify the guitarist?? I couldnt find it.....or maybe they are not in the bags on shelve... :hmm:

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #104 on: November 26, 2011, 09:45:04 »
Glad yall are getting the ones you wanted finally. It does seem that stock is more widely available now. I also saw fi?ures at FiveBelow (the first time I had even heard of this store) this week.

The guitarist is my favorite male fi?ure; once you realize that the guitar is two pieces, it is easier to find. But getting the first one really is luck. And that is my favorite male fi?ure.

I understand why folks are cutting slits in them to check the ID because it is hard to figure them out in some cases. After spending what seemed like hours feeling bags in 3 different stores, I managed to buy a large number of them so each one did eventually show up. And now I have a lot of spare parts for mixing with Series 2. If they do produce several more rounds of fi?ures, it should provide us with enough parts to build a lot more Klickies with a great deal more character than many of the plainer, modern ones.

It is  shame that DS does not sell hair, heads, torsos and arms individually because this would make customizing them much easier.I have been purchasing extra hair and heads in Europe, but they are not cheap and limited in supply. If anyone knows of a good source, please share it with us. Cheers, Pgal :wave:
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #105 on: November 26, 2011, 09:51:57 »
to blackpearl.....how did u identify the guitarist?? I couldnt find it.....or maybe they are not in the bags on shelve... :hmm:

The guitar itself isn't fully built:  it comes in 2 main pieces (not including the guitar shoulder strap).  The neck is seperate from the body.  I was able to feel the neck of the guitar: it is long and flat on one side, and mostely straight; the body-end of the neck has a wierd square face on its backside (that plugs into the body), and the other end (where the tuning knobs are) you can feel the tuning knobs (you have to really push the wrapper hard against the tuning knobs and feel the ridges with your fingernail.  On the backside of the tuning knob area is a weird handle moulded there for the clicky to hold the guitar (and appear to be playing it).  Such a handle does not exist on a real guitar of course, but you can feel it at the end of that guitar neck.  The main give-away were the ridges of the tuning knobs against my finger nail (thumbnail)

The wrapper is thick, so actually my right hand got sore after a while of applying sufficient pressure to the bags in order to see/feel the shapes of the parts emerge through the wrapper.  I got stumped on one object for a long time and couldn't figure out what the heck it was until my daughter visually observed that I was feeling a clicky's plain unassembled HEAD, lol.  I thought it was a sceptor or something.  Then I grabbed ahold of the guitar neck and couldn't figure out what the square end was, but once I felt the ridges on the other end that were the tuning knobs, I knew immediately that was the guitar guy!

The singer I found by feeling her microphone
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline Jay

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #106 on: November 26, 2011, 15:56:03 »
Glad yall are getting the ones you wanted finally. It does seem that stock is more widely available now. I also saw fi?ures at FiveBelow (the first time I had even heard of this store) this week.

How much are they there?  I had one place, not very near to us, that had them for $2. But they sold out and said they wouldn't be getting any more this year. They only do toys at Christmas anyhow, so no chance of getting the 2nd or 3rd set likely.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #107 on: November 27, 2011, 01:04:04 »
  (also, why does the female skier come with ski-poles, but NO SKIS??!?!?!  Oh yeah, and I also found the runner guy and the cook, but I also ask why does the cook have NO SHOES?  Just Like Zorro has no horse.

Some good questions. I felt like the skier with no skis was a total rip-off. Completely ridiculous, absolutely useless. Zorro without the horse is ok, and understandable as the horse would make it not much of a surprise figure. ;)

But I hadn't noticed the cook had no shoes! Maybe he not only makes pizza, but also stomps grapes in the wine vat? :P
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #108 on: November 27, 2011, 02:59:18 »
The pizza guy comes slip on shoes.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #109 on: November 27, 2011, 03:27:06 »
That skier chick is what we call a "Snow Bunny"  :camera: :yippee: :rock: :(o): :giggle: :omg: :toot: :-X :cham: :banana: :apple: :wall: :doh: :no: :!: :**: <:> :*) :picsplz: :pop: :confetti: :woohoo: :party: :munch: :cheerlead: :captain: :knight: :knight: :arrr: :viking: :sherlock: O0 :rainbow: :roman: :egypt: :indian: :cowboy:

no skies necessary
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: