Author Topic: 5203 and 5204 Fi?ures now at Toys R Us in the USA!  (Read 24232 times)

Offline Ace

• Playmo Addict
Re: 5203 and 5204 Fi?ures now at Toys R Us in the USA!
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 01:47:09 »
Great, thanks for the tip. Off to TRU tonight. Did everyone figure out the codes or do we have to feel the bags for ID?

I just grabbed as many bags as I could afford without feeling them or checking the codes  ::)
Ace :brownhair:

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2011, 03:05:31 »
Great, thanks for the tip. Off to TRU tonight. Did everyone figure out the codes or do we have to feel the bags for ID?
Ras: I have not found a code that works, so I just feel the bags when I have the time.  I can identify the specific figure about half of the time. It is harder than it looks because there are so many parts in some of the bags. If I am short on time or patience, I just grab a lot of bags.

Folks will probably just trade away the ones they don't care for...after they open the bags and play with a few. I cut half way across the top, and then seal with a piece of clear tape that wraps around both side. Before forgetting what is in the bag, I write what it is on the back on the tape with a permanent marker.

And many of us will have specific parts that we need or want to sell depending on what we are building, so maybe those can be traded, too. Several guys I am turning into gals; I should some have extra male heads unless I decide to build more men.

After you build a set of the blue ones and the pink ones, you may be surprised at which ones are your favorites. Don't get rid of the others until you are sure you won't need them. They may become scarce items if PM does not produce enough or introduces Set Two soon.

Cheers, Pgal :wave:
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline Jay

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2011, 04:21:27 »
I'm going to take a shot at it tomorrow. Maybe buy two at a time until I get the ones I really want.  At $2.25 each you can't do too badly.  I just don't know how feeling the bags will work. Does one feel for the hat/headgear first?

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 11:35:33 »
My wife and I opened a box of each and we found them rather easy to identify by feeling the bags... there are some very distinctive parts... I don't remember if it has been posted elsewhere but here are my suggestions for feeling out the figures.

Blue Box
1. Blue Knight - the funky dragon knight shield
2. American Football Player - the pads/breastplate... you may have to slide it off the torso to make sure... also the football itself
3. Boxer/Rocky - first the cape... then the gloves... (or just make sure there is no scythe)
4. Mummy - the hobo stick
5. Zorro - the hat... and if you still aren't sure, it is the only one with a short flexible cape too
6. Pizza Chef - the pizza tray and the apron
7. Rocker - the vest... this may also require you to slide it off the torso within the bag... but it is the best way as the guitar is not assembled
8. Uncle Same - The top hat
9. Grim Reaper - cape and scythe
10. Trophy winner - the trophy/scroll/or hood
11. Dragon knight - the shield is the biggest giveaway - the crossbow also helps (wings can be hard to pin down in the bag)
12. Executioner - the hood (hood is flexible plastic so be aware of that) and the axe (also the neck piece if you want to do that)

Pink Box
1. Princess - skirt, and then the hat cone is the most distinguishing feature, "popcorn" can also be useful
2. Fairy - wings and wand
3. Snow Queen - skirt and then the hat
4. Rocker - Microphone
5. Mountain Hiker - the scarf
6. Robber Woman - the sack... also the hat
7. Er... Cargo Pants woman - the little hood and the pants
8. Witch - Cape first... it is also a flexible cape... then the hat
9. Rider - the hat and the crop
10. Cave Woman - the utensil accessories, the baby carrier, and if you are lucky... the baby :) she also has very distinctive short legs and skirt and these clip in differently that any others.
11. Mermaid - uh... the fish tail... and the crown id that doesn't do it for you :)
12. The Other princess - skirt, the hair has a hole in the top for the crown to sit in, and the mirror and brush (also NO HAT CONE :) )
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 11:49:07 »
Thank you for this complete list! it will be very useful! Someone did post a list of a few of them, but now we have suggestions for all of them!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Ace

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 12:59:05 »
Yes, thanks you so much, Baron Marshall for your very complete list   :clap: ! I was also able to identify the cavewoman's baby and the fairy's wings.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 13:38:42 »
So it ends up in touch and feel eh? I wonder if they have these at the Athnes funpark next week  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 15:22:18 »
Well I went to another TRU and they didn't have these. They did have the new dollhouse. They only had three new knight sets. I have yet to see the yellow lion sets. I almost bought the falcon knight castle but since I have a box of each of the surprise bags ordered through my local toyshop, I passed this time. I'm trying to be patient, but its annoying that my local shops have not received any new pm. The month is almost over and seems like my area is getting stiffed!

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 15:35:06 »
I wonder if groping Playmobil bags may be seen as at least a misdemeanor in some places... .
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline Ace

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2011, 15:53:48 »
I wonder if groping Playmobil bags may be seen as at least a misdemeanor in some places... .

If they had the display up at the cash register, it probably would be, but at my Toys R Us they had the Playmobil way in the back and the aisle was empty  :evilplan:.