Author Topic: 5596+5597 Figures 8  (Read 16616 times)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: 5596+5597 Figures 8
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2015, 17:23:35 »
Excellent. I am so glad that you posted this! Great review and pictures, as usual! I am looking even more forward to getting these now. I need like ten of each of the good ones... :lol:

The new boots look even better than I thought they would. And some of the new parts look great, like the claymore in that colour. I hadn't realised that the warrior king was supposed to have leather gloves; that is a weird way to do those. But, I for one, think the crusader is very nice. ;)
~Pynedor~

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2015, 17:41:40 »
Well, so far I had no luck trying to get more gladiators and rockers :( , which are by FAR my favorites.

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2015, 20:20:30 »
Thank you for this very detailed and funny review.  :thanks:

I agree the guitar woman and gladiator are the best. The clown is horrible, but I never like clowns. But actually that is the only one I really dislike. The doggy is so cute!

Great serie this time.

life in plastic it's fantastic

Online Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2015, 01:10:19 »
Great review, thanks Tahra!  The dog and the butterfly are both new color variations this time out, and two new shields too. I really like this version of the lion shield a lot.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2015, 07:12:35 »
Haha, loved this review!  :lol:  Thanks so much!

I saw some interesting parts, here and there, but I don't think I'll be getting many of these clickies.
I really like the lady with parasol, and the colour of the Lion King's skirt ( ;D ).

I even like the bunny lady for parts (minus the tail: the clothes could come in handy for Victorian women).

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2015, 22:46:34 »
thanks very much for the detailed review!  :)

Some great clickies there, especially nice to see good pictures of the female gladiator since that one remained quite a mystery due to the big shield blocking the view on all official depictions.

Looking forward to seeing them available here, I have yet to see them in any Dutch stores and I checked several locations.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2015, 13:09:43 »
I agree the guitar woman and gladiator are the best. The clown is horrible, but I never like clowns. But actually that is the only one I really dislike. The doggy is so cute!

I have no idea why there must be so many clowns... I find it odd. And those legs. I can't stand them.

The dog and the butterfly are both new color variations this time out, and two new shields too. I really like this version of the lion shield a lot.

I didn't know about the butterfly (and there was an extra :) ) - thanks!

I saw some interesting parts, here and there, but I don't think I'll be getting many of these clickies.
I really like the lady with parasol, and the colour of the Lion King's skirt ( ;D ).

I even like the bunny lady for parts (minus the tail: the clothes could come in handy for Victorian women).

The lion king has a very nice color, yes (except the hands).. I don't see anything special about the rabbit woman (though the torso does have a nice color)..

Some great clickies there, especially nice to see good pictures of the female gladiator since that one remained quite a mystery due to the big shield blocking the view on all official depictions.

Yeah, that was not nice AT ALL. I was quite curious myself.

Looking forward to seeing them available here, I have yet to see them in any Dutch stores and I checked several locations.

Me too. Maybe I can feel me a couple fo gladiators or rockers  >:D .. But never saw s7 here :(

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2015, 02:06:09 »
I very much appreciate the closeups tahra. Thanks!

To pick a nit: although the sword is nice, the king shouldn't have a claymore/bastard sword. Such swords were wielded with two hands and were not used with shields. Also they were wielded by troopers, not kings. OH WELL!
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2015, 07:16:22 »
To pick a nit: although the sword is nice, the king shouldn't have a claymore/bastard sword. Such swords were wielded with two hands and were not used with shields. Also they were wielded by troopers, not kings. OH WELL!

Well, playmobil always used the longswords as common ones... so..

It's fine with me! I love that sword, so... and easy enough to fix. I still think a sword doesn't go well with longskirts anyways....  :P

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2015, 13:55:21 »
Would be neat if they added a short sword to the arsenal, but still. easy enough to give that clicky a different weapon.

Personly I am more concerned about the female gladiator getting a huge sword instead of a gladius. I dont have that many gladiuses after all and I dont find that the bigger swords fit the theme.