Author Topic: 5458+5459 Figures 6  (Read 19952 times)

Offline tigana123

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Chief Architect
Re: 5458+5459 Figures 6
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2014, 16:49:00 »
Thank you for the review. Very helpful and a lot of details (as always ;D). I agree that this series does not offer much variety. Only a couple of interesting figures (like for example the highlander)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2014, 00:08:03 »
Thanks for the great review Tahra. I agree with the general complaints. It would be good to see more creativity with the boy figures, they don't seem to be putting much effort in on those.

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2014, 07:58:15 »
oh I left out a very important bit from;

"Tahra, I have also be quite unhappy with those half completed belts so what I did was complete them with my closest matching PVC stickers and fortunately those lines/creases are oftenin black, so I just continue them using permanent thin black marker pens on the PVC stickers "
so when I'm tired of it, I just peel it off...meanwhile it will stay for on another 10 yrs (like those thin yellow stripes on the pants of my Confederate soldiers)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2014, 08:40:34 »
I agree that this series does not offer much variety. Only a couple of interesting figures (like for example the highlander)

Yes, he's SHINY (especially among the dusk, right?  ::) )

I agree with the general complaints. It would be good to see more creativity with the boy figures, they don't seem to be putting much effort in on those.

Well, at least the boys have the scot - he packs so much, AND on a beautiful klicky... and the elvish alien (great, as parts)... the girls have - how many is it? - three? pink fairy/princess/queen/lady/whatever. In the SAME series. And let's not forget another Cleo. Who thinks of these?

oh I left out a very important bit from;

;) I knew what you meant, having seen your great work upclose and personal :)  (and having moderate success at duplicating it with provided materials  :-[ )

Offline Pippa

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2014, 17:27:28 »
Tahra, thanks for the excellent review!  It is both informative and entertaining  :lol:

First a few comments on the boys:
My hands are now itching to get my hands on some Highlander figures.  Great to see all the detail - Playmobil did a fabulous job.  I wish I could order a whole bunch of him - apparently Playmobil wants my money to go to eBay sharks instead of them.  So maddening.

I also love the marial arts guy with the board to break with his new 'do.  I know it's a repeat of an old special but he just looks so sweet  :love:

The Arabian Prince is frustrating - they got it so close but I agree that the stupid floating sash and fringe on the pants are just wrong.  Not really sure what I'm going to do with him.  I thought maybe a vest (I can't believe I'm thinking of *adding* a vest to a klicky.) but I'm not sure it would work with that neckpiece plus the one I'm thinking of may be too short.

As for the girls, just add me to the list of people who are sick variations on the pretty pink princess theme.  I don't mind *some* pink but pink hiking shorts?!?!?!  And as for the princess/fairies it would be nice if they made them more versital - no more holes in backs or heads please, crowns and wings can be added just fine without mutilating them.  And the stockings thing bugs me too.

Overall I think they are trying to do too many with the Fi?ures series. I think scaling back to only 8  (or even 6) of each boys and girls for each series would be a good idea - then perhaps they could put a little more thought & creativity into each one and skip the filler ones like the very generic jack hammer guy.

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2014, 20:20:17 »
 :cheerlead:

Great review! It was really fun reading it.

I allready have the koala lady at first sight I thought one of my kids used a marker on her mouth...
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline Pippa

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2014, 23:39:07 »
:cheerlead:

Great review! It was really fun reading it.

I allready have the koala lady at first sight I thought one of my kids used a marker on her mouth...

That face is disappointing - and it sounds like it's prone to misprints.  Otherwise I really like the figure from the pics.  I think I'll be giving her the head of one of the extra basketball players I have from an earlier series. 

Offline MimmaBlue

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2014, 00:52:12 »
Awesome review as usual Tahra, thanks!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2014, 08:42:14 »
My hands are now itching to get my hands on some Highlander figures.  Great to see all the detail - Playmobil did a fabulous job.  I wish I could order a whole bunch of him - apparently Playmobil wants my money to go to eBay sharks instead of them.  So maddening.

Yes, I'm guessing most people are after the scots.. One could think playmobil could take a hint, but....

I am also convinced they must do a LOT of side business on ebay and such.. I mean, at least THAT could explain it.

I also love the marial arts guy with the board to break with his new 'do.  I know it's a repeat of an old special but he just looks so sweet  :love:

I don't DISLIKE the guy, I just think it's not the place for him. Either make him different, or make a special/special plus, classic edition, whatever..

I do like that hair a lot. Wish they did that in other colors.

The Arabian Prince is frustrating - they got it so close but I agree that the stupid floating sash and fringe on the pants are just wrong.  Not really sure what I'm going to do with him.  I thought maybe a vest (I can't believe I'm thinking of *adding* a vest to a klicky.) but I'm not sure it would work with that neckpiece plus the one I'm thinking of may be too short.

I hadn't thought of that.. Uhm... one of those shorter vests..... The speedo torsos are a LOT shorted than the others. I will have to try that   ;D

As for the girls, just add me to the list of people who are sick variations on the pretty pink princess theme.  I don't mind *some* pink but pink hiking shorts?!?!?!  And as for the princess/fairies it would be nice if they made them more versital - no more holes in backs or heads please, crowns and wings can be added just fine without mutilating them.  And the stockings thing bugs me too.

The holes are horrid, yes... and most hairs are blond, with most stuff in gold. Not a good combination, imo :(  The torsos.. those REALLY gorgeous ones have that stupid hole :(

And the speedos.. Such a shame, cause the klickys would look GREAT. In their socks they just look silly.

Overall I think they are trying to do too many with the Fi?ures series. I think scaling back to only 8  (or even 6) of each boys and girls for each series would be a good idea - then perhaps they could put a little more thought & creativity into each one and skip the filler ones like the very generic jack hammer guy.

I've been saying that from the start - two series per year is FAR too much. And there is also that other issue - you can mostly make freaks within a series.

They should make less figures - 6/8 of each, as you suggested - and keep to a broad "theme" (or two) on each series... Then you could actually make different klickys.

Of course, making different bodies doesn't help, right?  >:(

That face is disappointing - and it sounds like it's prone to misprints. 

With the printing quality steadily declining, they should at least avoid printed faces...

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2014, 14:27:41 »
great detailed review of the series, thank you.

Your comments were spot on, unfortunately  :lol:

The lady #9, pink w/keys, does her staff come apart. If the handle was brown the pearl part gold and the crystals stayed the same I would buy many of them. I really like if for some reason
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: