Author Topic: A surprise for Heather (PlaymoDB)  (Read 18765 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
A surprise for Heather (PlaymoDB)
« on: April 04, 2011, 20:08:03 »
Dear Playmofriends:wave:

A few days ago Gis had a wonderfull idea of presenting to Heather, who owns and runs playmodb, with a small token of our appreciation as a community, a present if you like!

The idea is to create a printed canvas of a picture involving her avater playing the violin, which Heather herself loves to play as we learned from Indianna, in a Victorian theme background!

Sylvia created this board which is, mind you, is not visible to Heather. Its visible by all of us so we can discuss the details of our little surprise! So what must be done, must be done quickly and in a short time!

Gis will give us more details a little later but for the time being we just wanted to let you know what this board is all about.  :)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 15:51:14 by bonniebeth »

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: A surprise for Heather
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 20:22:40 »
Perhaps we could ask Karim for a background image? I don't know if he would be able to reproduce her avatar but we could do some digital compositing and put the avatar image over the top of the setting.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 20:24:05 »
That is a brilliant idea Tim! Gis is preparing something but I'm not sure what yet, so maybe we can combine your idea and his!

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 20:25:02 »
i like the idea! that is the least we can do for her as a sign of appreciation

is there a particular reason why we'd print that picture on a canvas?

how elaborated does the picture have to be?

i volunteer to take the picture (i can reproduce her avatar), unless someone else has another idea or has prepared something else for her in advance
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 20:26:01 »
Is the board also closed to visitors? (for safety)
Don't know how I can help but if you guys need a special design, ring me!
A.
Life in the so called space age...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 20:41:32 »
Is the board also closed to visitors? (for safety)

Yes it is!

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 21:17:44 »
nice idea. I thik I have all the pieces.....  :hmm:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 21:44:20 »
This is an excellent idea and has my support (even though my technical skills are useless!).
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 21:51:57 »
is there a particular reason why we'd print that picture on a canvas?

I want it to be something lasting, when it is printed on a canvas or a framed picture then it is something special IMO. I really like the modern day printing on Canvas so thats why I proposed that. It could be something else. We are open for suggestions but we should really not make this into an month long discussion group.

My idea was two fold actually (came up with the second part today).

We design two things:

A card
A Picture for a canvas

The card is A4 size, and is basically your standard hallmark "thank you" card text wise but of course with a nice custom playmo picture on the front and inside featuring the Playmofriends logo. We can all write a one liner and sign it and send it to someone who gathers all this. The card is printed and all the personal notes are pasted into this.

The Picture, should be a scene similar to the welcome screen from playmodb but my idea would be to do it in a victorian room. Also Heather's avatar should be playing the violin and maybe a stand with some sheet music as well. Then we somehow put "the card" in the picture as well, either through photoshop or by prinitng a miniature version.

What do you all think? I won't have access to my PM for the next two weeks roughly so maybe someone else can make the picture for the Canvas? If we go aheaqd with the Card idea as well we need someone to tackle that project as well.

Heather is from Canada, Correct? Any Canadians able to produce this around?

-Gis  

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 21:57:00 »
Fantastic ideas, Gis! I really like the card idea! So... do you mean we would all physically mail our lines with signatures to the person collecting them so that they have our handwriting and all? Or did you mean send them electronically?

BTW, I agree with having it printed on canvas. I think that makes it really special!

-----EDIT------

and the person who makes the pic doesn't have to be the one to have it printed. Whoever makes it can send a high-quality version to someone in Canada (?) to have it printed.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 02:01:38 by bonniebeth »
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.