Author Topic: the 17 least appropiate PM sets for children  (Read 7091 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: the 17 least appropiate PM sets for children
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 18:15:40 »
At the time of it being issued, the workers set with the beer did create a bit of a scandal with the public in Germany and later sets had milk bottles in the crates.

As for the two "authors" of that site, they really must get out more into the real world where they will see that Playmobil is a rather gentle reflection of what the real world is like.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 18:22:42 »
I doubt it. Many large companies that exist to this day had an active role in Nazi Germany: producing vehicles, weapons, uniforms and so on. Everything's been forgotten now anyway ... which I think is fair too.

Yep, like volkswagen, for instance. That was Hitler's creation, yet the company has thrived down to this day.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 18:28:47 »
I still think nothing beats noah's ark as unappropriate.... But that's just me..

And I never understood why we can have cowboys and indians, medieval knights, pirates and redcoats, cops and robbers.. the bows and guns and swords and maces and ...  aren't to pick flowers... but no soldiers... At least we have machine guns coming next year!

As to the rest, like playmofire said - it's a very "gentle" version of the world.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 18:31:44 »
As for the two "authors" of that site, they really must get out more into the real world where they will see that Playmobil is a rather gentle reflection of what the real world is like.

Exactly  :lol:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 18:35:59 »
I still think nothing beats noah's ark as unappropriate.... But that's just me..

And I never understood why we can have cowboys and indians, medieval knights, pirates and redcoats, cops and robbers.. the bows and guns and swords and maces and ...  aren't to pick flowers... but no soldiers... At least we have machine guns coming next year!

As to the rest, like playmofire said - it's a very "gentle" version of the world.

what machine guns we'll have next year? did I miss that set?
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2011, 18:39:22 »
I think in the new police theme.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2011, 19:26:56 »
I think in the new police theme.

Yep! HOO-YAH!

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2011, 19:38:37 »
I am not really sure that adding machine guns is that appropriate.. it might be crossing a line. At first the cops didnt even have guns after all.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2011, 19:49:46 »
I am not really sure that adding machine guns is that appropriate.. it might be crossing a line. At first the cops didnt even have guns after all.

Yes, & times change P)! We now have Playmobil SWAT, automatic hand guns, & rifles with sniper scopes :yippee:! BRING on the machine guns :woohoo:!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2011, 19:53:52 »
Do tasers exist in Playmoland?

::)
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."