Author Topic: 3664 The beach  (Read 8847 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: 3664 The beach
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2011, 13:36:57 »
Yes, dolphins definitely eat fish. ;) A very thorough review, thanks so much!

Gaston, one version of the skateboarders with the half pipe: http://playmodb.org/setpics/4414.jpg came with four cell phones, though I have the version sold at TRU here that is identical except that they have applejuice instead of phones. :hmm: They've also come in quite a few cityservice and construction sets.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2011, 13:51:34 »
An excellent review Gordon  :clap:
I love the photo with the pelican and the dolphin  :love:
I've looked at this set and thought about getting it, think I've been persuaded now!  :lol:

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2011, 15:29:43 »
Thank you all for your kind comments and for confirming that dolphins eat fish, Bonnie.  I assumed they did but wasn't sure (maybe had whales in mind and krill).  Maybe I should have shown them fighting over a fish!

I've a number of spare cellphones and so I'll fit the lifeguards up with one.

I'm just photographing the compact beach set so the review should be up, hopefully, this evening.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2011, 16:37:36 »
Great review Gordon.  I really had no intention of getting this set, but now I want it!  ;D

Offline naflibomyalp

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2011, 17:59:43 »
For £9.99 it seems like great value for money with loads of details that you have captured really well.

Thanks for the fantastic review. 
naflibomyalp
[img]

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2011, 20:24:17 »
Thank you el jefe and Verity.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2011, 16:42:55 »
Thanks for a great review of a nice little set. I like the klickies for a modern beach diorama and can also use the other parts but for some reason I never am able to find what to do with the base pieces. If Geobra would have made them in such a way that they connect, similar to the African creek, I could use them in a diorama but by themselves to me they are pointless.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2011, 17:52:43 »
Yeah, baseplates drove me crazy even when I was a kid. I love the concept of connecting ones and wish they would do that with every theme, So that by the time you buy all the sets in a theme, you have a nice size base. It would also be a great way to get kids to beg for every set in a theme, because it would be like a missing puzzle piece. ;) But it should still be where it looks finished even if one is missing, like the african ones.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.