Author Topic: Lady Pirates  (Read 4355 times)

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
Lady Pirates
« on: February 27, 2006, 21:44:22 »
Ok, in the Tokens thread, there were some great customs, including a female pirate by Meg. I was inspired and went ahead an got some of the same torso, and came up with my own new custom lady pirates. (Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!)

In addition, I am posting a couple of pix of some of my older lady pirates which you may or may not have seen. Between my own and Sirena's crew of lady pirates (which I am sure she will share with you soon) we have more than enough for an all-female crew (I think we have almost 30 different female pirates)!
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
Re: Lady Pirates
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 21:49:43 »
One last lady pirate pic.

As an afterthought, though they are not pirates, I am including a pic of some gypsies, inspired by a custom that Val made a while back. Oh, and the smiling chap in the middle is Dick, owner of the tavern in front of which the ladies are posing. It is a central location to many of the pirate stories that are currently bouncing around inside my head (if I ever get organized they may one day bounce out and onto the forum!).

Enjoy!
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 22:26:42 »
Wow..these are fantastic! I especially love the gypsy ladies (the ones with the black mantilla covering their hair!)  But your new pirates are stunning (as are your older one's!) I look forward to a story featuring your pirates and gypsies! Bounce those ideas on out!   ;D
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 22:28:08 »
They are wonderful.

I think Dick enjoys  having the Ladies pose in front of is tavern
A ship (or more) of female pirates is something I have wished for, too

Meg

Offline Sirena

• Underwater Princess
  • Playmo Pal
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 02:49:53 »
A ship (or more) of female pirates is something I have wished for, too

Hi Meg,

I just posted pictures of my ship and its female crew in this thread, so you're in luck!  :)

Sincerely,

Sirena
Siren@ Diamrem

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 03:05:04 »
I think Dick enjoys  having the Ladies pose in front of 'is tavern.

Aaaargh !!!

Aye, it be Dawkins 'ere !!!

Been earin' the name "Dick" ... Aye, but that's NOT what brung me out! It be the talk 'bout ladies! Aye that be what brung me out ...  :arrr:

Hmmm ... But, let's get back to  "Dick" ... ;)

That bloke "Dick" ... He be lookin' a bit like that lubber with the gold crown on me starboard side. Hmmm ... That be yer port side (where yer be sittin') ...  :arrr:

Might confusin' what? ... :eh?:

Now what be all this talk 'bout a female crew?

Ain't nuthin' new! In my day we 'ad Anne Bonney (Irish Annie we called 'er). And, we 'ad Mary Read (an English lass). Both sailed with me good friend Calico Jack!

Now there was a couple of real ladies! ... :arrr:

So ... If it be a female crew ye be wantin' ... Be keepin' these two ladies in mind and yer'll not be goin' wrong!

Catch yers when the sun be o'er the yardarm ... :arrr:

Aaarrgh ... Be off now to take a peek at Sirena's fine ship, the"Rainbow Lion" ...

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 08:58:33 »
Those are excellent customs, Cap'n, especially the gypsies. 

Looking forward to the stories, though I wonder if Dick always looks forward to Saturday night in his tavern - I should imagine those lady pirates might not be so ladylike with a few glasses of rum in them!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 16:55:59 »
One must remember that Anne Bonney killed Calico Jack, for being drunk when the ship was assailed by the British

Yes, Anne and Mary are ideal models for any female pirates.

Meg

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 17:36:22 »
Hello  CH

These are excellent customs !! I really do like how all the parts go together to form the overall look of the figure. You certainly show great attention to detail in your work !! Thank you very much for sharing these with me. The only trouble is it makes me want to get all my pirates out and start collecting ships again  :lol: !!

Kindest Regards  Tim

(28/5/03/850)

Offline mi-chi

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2006, 09:58:49 »
This is a great bunch of some quite good-looking pirate ladies. I especially like those non-pirate- pirate ladies wit the mantillas. They make a great addition to all the Caribbean pirate nests in Playmoworld. :)
Cheers
Michael