Author Topic: all fire hydrants  (Read 3756 times)

Offline noodwachter72

• Playmo Lover
  • Noodwachter Dutch civil defense
all fire hydrants
« on: October 07, 2009, 18:34:38 »
the old and the new over ground level hydrant

the new under ground level hydrant from the new 4822 set
the imposable wy do direct
wonders take some time

Offline noodwachter72

• Playmo Lover
Re: all fire hydrants
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 18:37:14 »
than the crew at work
wonders take some time

Offline noodwachter72

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 18:40:16 »
more
wonders take some time

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 21:00:51 »
Oh i like the new underground style with the sidewalk piece . Thanks for the pictures
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 21:56:52 »
Thank you for this excellent photo review, Peter.  The new hydrant is an excellent addition to the fire theme and the set with it in is on my to-by list (hopefully, later this month).  The idea of having the hydrant cover plate etc in a pavement piece shows great attention to detail by Playmobil.  It makes me wonder if they are thinking of bringing out road and pavement sets for scene building.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 22:59:41 »
  It makes me wonder if they are thinking of bringing out road and pavement sets for scene building.

I do not have them yet but I was hoping to do that with a lot of these

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 23:46:43 »
I think those underground 'plugs' look great (and I shouldn't even care)! Thank you Peter for the great pix!

Gepetto

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 00:18:35 »
Great review, Peter! I like the design, but I wonder if there is a problem of finding the cover underneath the snow, or if cars block them from access?
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 01:32:11 »
or if cars block them from access?

Stop parking on the sidewalk and they should be able to find them pretty easy  :lol: sheesh some people

I guess if there was a big sale on Playmobil i would park anywhere also  ;)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 06:02:48 »
Great review, Peter! I like the design, but I wonder if there is a problem of finding the cover underneath the snow, or if cars block them from access?

I don't know the practice on the Continent, but in the UK where hydrants are set in the pavement or the roadway there is always a yellow hydrant plate indicating the position.  This will be attached to a lamp post or fence or whatever is available (if necessary a post specially for it) and indicates the distance the hydrant is from the sign and the bore of the water main.  I'll photograph one later today (there are a couple near us) and post it.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”