Author Topic: Surprise Fi?ures code chart?  (Read 9481 times)

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
Surprise Fi?ures code chart?
« on: March 19, 2012, 17:24:40 »
Is anyone keeping track of the printed codes on the back of each Surprise Fi?ure packet?  If we set up a chart of codes and packet contents maybe we could develop a scheme for indentifying the contents of each packet without relying on feeling them.  I though that weight might be a good way but with all the reports of missing and/or extra parts, weight would be unreliable.  There must be some way for Playmobil to keep track of the fi?ures once they are bagged so the printed code may be the answer.

If anyone is interested, we could set up a google spreadsheet which could be shared and updated by the community.  What do you think?
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: Surprise Fi?ures code chart?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 17:28:02 »
I think this was tried to be done with series 1 and it didn't work for the codes kept changing as I recall. there is a thread somehwere... sorry but Im very bad with the search engine  :P
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 19:49:21 »
Here is one thread where it was discussed:    Surprise Bags 5203 and 5204 Decode

I am assuming that it would not be as simple as a particular code for each figure, but I was thinking that there would have to be a way for Playmobil to identify the figures once they are sealed in the packets, if only to make sure that they are properly distributed within the case boxes (while there are some case boxes that have not had 4 of each figure, it does seem to be Playmobil's goal to have 4 of each figure in a case box.)

I was thinking that there may be a formula or a pattern that we can figure out if we have enough data to play with.  On the other hand, this could be like trying to figure out how they assign numbers to individual parts.   8}
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 21:39:13 »
A set of codes would be awesome.  I really stink at groping the bags to figure out which ones they are.   8}
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 23:19:17 by tonguello »

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 22:35:08 »
I think the codes are only specific or close-to-specific for each case individually, as in all knights will have the same or very similar codes in a single case. I'm not entirely sure though. :-\
~Pynedor~

Offline cardensb

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Custom Blackbeard
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 22:55:22 »
I don't know.  I ended up with several football players and the codes had nothing in common.
Shawn
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 22:34:33 »
I was thinking that there would have to be a way for Playmobil to identify the figures once they are sealed in the packets, if only to make sure that they are properly distributed within the case boxes

Maybe they X-ray them...

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 23:36:02 »
I think someone mentioned that they weigh them.
~Pynedor~

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 07:05:40 »
Best option: touch and feel!

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 09:54:18 »
Best option: touch and feel!

The ONLY fool-proof option!!! :)
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!