Author Topic: Trivia - dealing with 3375 - The Count and his various appearances  (Read 8496 times)

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
Re: Trivia - dealing with 3375 - The Count and his various appearances
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2017, 06:08:00 »
There must be realworld scholars who would recognize it. Does anyone work at a university? Or maybe they know on Klickywelt.

IIRC there is an Arabic scroll that also calls for translation.

I used to work at a university, but we're looking for some pretty specialized knowledge. It would help to narrow things down. I'm trying to identify the script. This is super tentative, but my closest guess is it's some sort of 14th century cursive. The translation will be a lot easier if we can figure out what the letters are.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2017, 07:03:19 »
With the one I managed to find a solution for I could read the letters mostly, but the words were badly spaced. Some letters appeared to belong to words as there was no space while some words were broken up into what looked like separate smaller words because the words wrapped from one line to the next.
The Roman scroll was easy to read fortunately.
The 3659 scroll is somewhat of a bugger to decipher.

How many scrolls and books with legible print are there?

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2017, 07:19:03 »

The 3659 scroll is somewhat of a bugger to decipher.

Ugh, yeah, that cursive... If it were a more formal hand, we'd have a better chance at it.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2017, 19:12:54 »
Interesting stuff! I also tried to make sense of the mystery scroll, but I can't even make out a single word.