General > News

New licenced theme: ASTERIX, from 2022

(1/34) > >>

StJohn:
It was announced in Klickywelt that Geobra has acquired the licence to produce sets around the theme of Asterix, "a French comic book series about Gaulish warriors, who have adventures and fight the Roman Republic during the era of Julius Caesar in an ahistorical telling of the time after the Gallic Wars" (source: Wikipedia). Good news for Roman fans! :roman:

More info: https://www.toynews-online.biz/2021/07/20/playmobil-to-launch-first-series-of-asterix-play-sets-in-2022/

tahra:
Well... hopefully great parts.  :)

I am not overly familiar with it - only saw a couple of movies on tv.. sometime. Not memorable for me, except the "biologically accurate turtle", or something :P (is that from an Asterix movie?  :-[ )

I have no idea where this will end though...

On a side note :

--- Quote ---Playmobil issued a statement this morning that read: (...)
--- End quote ---

WHERE? Where's the official word, I mean?

surfergirl:
I’m not familiar with Asterix but regardless, I can’t get excited about yet another franchise. It seems that’s their direction of travel though whether I like it or not.

The bit that narks me the most, is that it makes it even more expensive to buy, and I say that as a pretty well-paid adult collector. Imagine the pressure some folks must feel to pay the extra for the licensed sets for their kids of themselves. Of course, Brexit hasn’t helped  :'(

Claire

Bolingbroke:
This should be fun!

I used to have the ‘Play Asterix’ action figures when I was young, and I used to LOVE them. Here’s hoping they make a Playmobil Roman Fort - they HAVE TO, right?

Hopefully they make Tintin further down the line.  :love: :love: :love:

tahra:

--- Quote from: Bolingbroke on July 20, 2021, 17:49:54 ---Here’s hoping they make a Playmobil Roman Fort - they HAVE TO, right?

--- End quote ---

It'll be either a cardboard back, or a useless system WHY oddity made of two half walls with NO possibility of expansion.. :(  (wallet is grinning, the idiot  >:( )

But I am sure there will be loads of beautiful parts (don't the gauls have... interesting hairs?) - take THAT, stupid wallet!

--- Quote from: Bolingbroke on July 20, 2021, 17:49:54 ---Hopefully they make Tintin further down the line.  :love: :love: :love:

--- End quote ---

I know nothing of Tintin, would it bode well for parts?  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version