Author Topic: ? about dino-expedition sets (mainstrem vs US version)  (Read 2821 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: ? about dino-expedition sets (mainstrem vs US version)
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2011, 02:10:28 »
I'm surrounded by good company! ;)
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2011, 02:13:30 »
yep.  :yup: :yup:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2011, 03:48:33 »
Yes, bb! The only items that function differently are the pirates cannons. The materials that the sets are manufactured from are the same.

They must have exported the same sets to North America as a whole because the cannons in Canada also came with no springs at times. 

I've tried adding a spring from a pen but they are just not the same - too short compared to the Playmobil one and not as strong.

Does anyone know if you can get springs through DS?

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2011, 04:40:20 »
It doesn't show them as a separate part, however it shows 2 different cannon barrels, now if you could get someone to order the nonAmerican versions for you.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2011, 05:14:55 »
It doesn't show them as a separate part, however it shows 2 different cannon barrels, now if you could get someone to order the nonAmerican versions for you.

It's just I have quite a few cannons I've gotten over the years in various lots.  The DS Canada cannons always came with springs installed.  I initially bought them for 54mm wargaming (ala HG Wells' 'Little Wars').