Author Topic: 5302 Large Grand Mansion-need suggestions  (Read 2408 times)

Offline joro75

• Playmo Fanatic
5302 Large Grand Mansion-need suggestions
« on: September 28, 2011, 11:31:08 »
I am new here so if I have posted in the wrong place please let me know  :) I have purchased 5302 with the extra floor for my daughter for Christmas and will be assembling it ahead of time to place under the Christmas Tree. I also bought 5329-5335, all 7 of the furniture sets in the Dollhouse theme along with the Home Office and Laundry Room that belongs to the Suburban House. This is her first big Playmobil set, she has the 4310 plane and the 4249 Take Along Princess Chest along with some smaller sets in various themes.
Should I fill the house with all the furniture or wrap all the boxes separately and let her do it? I am concerned that the accessories may need some assembling too and don't want her to get frustrated, also that is a lot of presents! I know it is a little early to be thinking about this.....but I am sneaking into the guest room closet more than once a day and staring longingly at all those boxes!! Not sure who this gift is really for  ;)
Cheers
Jo
The great man is he who does not lose his child's-heart.  ~Mencius, Book IV

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: 5302 Large Grand Mansion-need suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 12:54:18 »
How old is she? If she is very little, then assembling the sets might get frustrating. But otherwise, I think it would be more exciting for her to get to open them and do it herself. They could all be placed into one bigger box and wrapped as one present, so it doesn't seem like she is getting 10 presents, all playmobil. And if she has a little trouble assembling furniture herself, well, the best thing about playmobil is parents and children can enjoy it together, so you can help her. it's great bonding time.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline joro75

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 13:15:22 »
She is only 4, however she LOVES building things, I got her some of the fi?ures as rewards for school stuff and she really liked putting them together (with my help). I like the idea of her putting the pieces into the mansion, it interests me to see how she would set it up. Of course it will take lots of self control not to take over  ;) I am starting to think I should have got 2 o them.....

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 14:27:15 »
I think you should set up the house and let her do the rest.
Then you can also help and share with her some playing time.  ;)
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 14:41:50 »
Yes, if she likes putting things together, then definitely let her furnish it herself. Most of the fun is in arranging it.  Best to let her do it, or better yet, do it together!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tenni

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 15:50:27 »
I also recommend that you let her furnish it. I got the hospital for my daughter when she was 5, and only got it partially put together before Christmas (it takes a LONG time). Turned out fine, as she was able to help put the rest of it together and got all the furnishings in just the way she wanted them. She is now 10 and she still loves playing with that hospital (and she is way faster at putting Playmobil together than I am)!!

Hope you and your daughter share many happy times with the new mansion! ;D

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 19:46:45 »
I say let her arrange it. Going to be a big christmas for her. I'm pushing my almost five year old daughter to ask for the big dollhouse for christmas, but she wants a barbie dollhouse. Right now she is really into barbie. I'm trying to change that but since she is just like me, she is going to like what she likes no matter what anyone says.

Offline joro75

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 20:20:28 »
. Right now she is really into barbie. I'm trying to change that but since she is just like me, she is going to like what she likes no matter what anyone says.

I hate to admit that there may have been some very heavy suggesting going on when we were looking at the Playmobil catalogue  :) Lucky for me that she is as excited about it as I am!

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 23:36:22 »
Gosh - am having a similar dilemma. I have the ORIGINAL fairy tale palace for my 6 year old for xmas (it arrived two days ago - so exciting!) and I have been avidly collecting as many of the furniture sets as possible. I think it would look stunning to have all the boxes set out for her to see xmas morning, but the actual erection will take yonks....perhaps the palace erected and the sets all around...decisions
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda