Author Topic: JLMatterer's Collection  (Read 77623 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: JLMatterer's Collection
« Reply #490 on: July 27, 2022, 07:30:33 »
Nice collections, Jim. There is always something to goad the wallet with! I agree with tahra about the weird packaging, though, especially that spreadeagle one!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #491 on: July 27, 2022, 13:43:49 »
Nice collections, Jim. There is always something to goad the wallet with! I agree with tahra about the weird packaging, though, especially that spreadeagle one!

It's ridiculous. The animals will be filthy, scratched and broken.

This is worse than the unbelievalble mess of the everwhatsit - or the current ayuma/asterix..

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #492 on: July 27, 2022, 14:59:05 »
Looking forward to hearing more about the WIldtopia, good to see them all together like that., I've just ordered one so far (might get a couple more later) & am waiting for it to arrive. 

I get where they're going with the packaging - the standard size, all cardboard, but I don't get why they couldn't have just done 2 sizes (a bigger size for the larger animals)  & kept them all enclosed in the packaging..  I totally agree with you Tahra, clearly *someone* thought it was a cool idea, but in terms of how these will fare in store.. the packaging & figures are bound to get damaged & dirty.  I hope they change it if/when they do more. (& I hope they get a lot of feedback/complaints from customers about it).

OK. The quads are really cool!  I love the lime green one. *adds to wishlist*  :lol:

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #493 on: July 29, 2022, 14:36:09 »

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #494 on: July 29, 2022, 19:05:49 »
Love the woman, especially. The car has a bit of an odd color for my taste (fit for Futre, of course :) )

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #495 on: August 01, 2022, 13:36:10 »

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #496 on: August 01, 2022, 23:31:21 »
That's a really nice one, on my extended want list. If I ever find it on sale enough online somewhere I will get it. Full price on these collector cars is just too high.

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #497 on: August 10, 2022, 23:19:37 »
I FINALLY got series 20 boys.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 23:33:23 by JLMatterer »

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #498 on: August 11, 2022, 00:23:50 »
There are some fun ones in there!  I epecially love the Calavera/Dia de los Muertos guy (I have him too & really want the lady to go with him) & the wacky puppeteer.

Offline CrimsonCleaver

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: Happy Meal - Sheriff
« Reply #499 on: January 04, 2023, 22:35:35 »
Yes, I have both those spare. But someone nearer you may have them and help save on shipping costs (I am in UK).

Here it is http://animobil.info/text/3e258fc-1027.html. Its an oldie!

eeoouw!

Oh, I see. Nice find! The toy which set back the acceptance of Playmobil in the US by 20 years. (that's probably a bit harsh, tbh).

Well I’ve just gone through all the pages of this thread in reverse order. I was only going to check a little of JLMatter’s collection, but what a journey!

Thought I’d post here to say how amazing it is to see the journey from one year onwards.

I realised I seem to have one of the horses with the moulded saddle, are those common? I always thought it was an oddity amongst the other horses