Author Topic: Beheading Children!!!  (Read 42398 times)

Offline Skypurr Jr.

• Klicky Explorer
  • Playmo Enthusiast
Beheading Children!!!
« on: February 08, 2010, 17:44:17 »
Last summer, quite by chance, I discovered a way to take apart most klicky children pretty safely for customising - and by using pieces that were entirely playmobil!
Ladies and gentlemen, may I proudly present to you - a kid's way to take apart klicky kids!
+Step one+

Lay the playmokid face down on a flat surface.

+Step two+

Put a beard from one of the dwarf klickys on the back of the klicky's neck.

+Step three+

Turn the kid face-up.

+Step four+

Place a collared cloak from one of the adult klicky wizards or kings below where the beard connects to the neck and push down hard..........

TADAAAAA!!!

Ready for customising!

This method works for most children and is very easy, I used this technique to make my own klicky! Even Mum can do it! However, it does seem that it doesn't work for all klicky kids, especially the ones with collars and etc. Although it obviously doesn't work for adult klickys, perhaps there may be some variant of this that might work. I have known about this for a while, but kept forgetting to post it! Well, it's here know. As for a name for the technique, how about the "Junior Method" !? Happy dismembering!  >:D

>:D Skypurr Jr.   >:D
...Lost in Playmospace...

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
Re: Beheading Children!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 17:48:53 »
That seems a very effective method Junior :wow: although unfortunately I cannot try it as I don't have any dwarf's beards.
Is there an alternative ???

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 06:32:21 »
This is brilliant!  And so easy that Mum can do it!   :lol:  I'll have to try this.

Thanks!
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 14:41:52 »
Hi Skypurr Jr

That is a marvelous way to take the kids apart. I never really bothered to customize the kids but now with this easy way I may have to start. For some reason I have a lot more broken and mangled kids than I do adults  :hmm:

Thanks for sharing your long kept secret
Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 17:13:03 »
For some reason I have a lot more broken and mangled kids than I do adults  :hmm:

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

I seem to as well - and quite a few with hair broken off :o

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 01:37:56 »

Thanks, Junior! ...  :wow:

I can't wait to try out your technique ("The Junior Method") tomorrow!

All the bst,
Richard

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 10:26:20 »

Junior, I can't thank you enough. :wow: :wow: :wow:

Over the years I have tried and tried to disassemble a child figure, either to customise or to replace damaged limbs, heads etc with parts from other figures, and I have never managed it until today.

Your method is easy as pie and causes no damage at all to the figure. Bravo!  :*)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 22:25:59 »
Ok, I'm wanting to take apart some child klickys (waaaaaay too many of the modern ones have red hair compared to adult klickys) and I don't have a dwarf beard or a collared cloak. Has anyone found any alternative parts that can be used for this method? Or is there another method that doesn't involve putting the head in a vice? (I don't have one) I've tried the twisting the rubberband around the neck method, and it hasn't worked for me. Help!  :help:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2010, 23:01:20 »
Well I do something very simple that works. You have to be strong though.
I just grab the head with 2 fingers and pull up turning the head at the same time several times.... as if the kid was saying NO. The head just comes off. So far I haven't broke any.
Other that that you can take out the legs and push the neck from the inside of the body with same tool. Be carefull not to hurt yourself! Good luck!!
Gaston
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 01:23:14 »
Thanks, tonguello. Do you hold it by the legs or by the torso when pulling the head? Because I had a loose one that popped off easily (almost accidentally) when i held the legs and pulled the head, but some of them look like the legs will break when I try to pull it that way.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.